Author Topic: Track IR-5 Question  (Read 1278 times)

Offline pelota

• Zinc Member
Re: Track IR-5 Question
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »
Open TrackIR, select the profile you want to use. At the top of the lower panel use the drop down box to select the "YAW" axis. To the right of that drop down is a check box called "Limit". Check that box and save the profile. Now when you turn your head it will stop the view at 180 degrees no matter how far you turn your head.

Fugitive: after trying this advice, all that did was to completely limit all and any motion (tracking) in the Yaw axis--something that is not desirable at all!

Offline pelota

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 07:37:53 AM »
Ok, folks, so after much tinkering, I figured out what my problem was--and it was somewhat simpler than I thought!  If the TIR-5 camera is at a too steep an angle from where your head (i.e, pro-clip) sits--mine was close enough; however, it was on top of my TV screen at about a sixty to seventy degrees angle--then tracking will not occur at all degrees.  All that software tinkering was easily obviated with re-situating the camera at a more horizontal position, more in-line with my head position....  Hope this helps those who have had (sticky views) issues with their track IR5.  I thank all those who have tried to help with their input <salute!>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »
Please note too, the Trackir sensor-camera can be put behind you if necessary then use what ever head gear you have facing backwards.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 04:31:22 PM »
Had the too high problem in 2003 with my TR3 Pro because of how tall my 20" CRT monitor was. When I switched to my first flat panel I had the too far away+high angle problem. Then upgrading to TR5 it didn't like being too far in terms of how far the TR3 was fine with. The TR5 camera is more sensitive to transient lighting so the x,y view with the green light detect window helps you hunt down most issues.

Since TR stopped building the camera in the US after TR3, I've never run across two players having exactly similar problems when the solution is ascertained.

Sorry we all wasted your time.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2015, 11:24:37 AM »
Ok, folks, so after much tinkering, I figured out what my problem was--and it was somewhat simpler than I thought!  If the TIR-5 camera is at a too steep an angle from where your head (i.e, pro-clip) sits--mine was close enough; however, it was on top of my TV screen at about a sixty to seventy degrees angle--then tracking will not occur at all degrees.  All that software tinkering was easily obviated with re-situating the camera at a more horizontal position, more in-line with my head position....  Hope this helps those who have had (sticky views) issues with their track IR5.  I thank all those who have tried to help with their input <salute!>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad we could help. Checking that the camera can follow all your head movements using the TrackIR head display in the program is always a good first step.