Author Topic: Video Mem  (Read 3785 times)

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
Re: Video Mem
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 01:35:37 PM »
Yes but mine says 0 used it should say something

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »
If your drivers are mixed your system may not be able to read the memory correctly.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 01:43:57 PM »
Yes but mine says 0 used it should say something

Not necessarily. It is the error of windows reporting the information to the game. The information could be anything, or nothing as in your case. It could be new driver are not talking to XP as XP is no longer "supported" and so the drivers may have only a generic functionality for XP. Who knows.

The point here is you shouldnt see much of an improvement with that card and it seems to have been proved out. Sorry  :(

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 06:57:48 AM »
The problem is Windows XP cannot map in all the available memory of the video card.  Windows Xp can only address 4GB of memory.  When it needs to map the video card memory into that address space, the amount it can map is going to be far less than the 4GB available on the video card.

There is no way to no how much memory will be used or even can be used.  With Windows 7 64 bit this is not an issue and further, the old card would have worked in Windows 7 better, as Windows 7, and later, also have the ability to use part of system RAM for video RAM.  Windows XP cannot do this.

The Cntrl-I information is not going to be accurate for your configuration.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com