Author Topic: Beta 26 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 846 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 26 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 26 DX11 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 26 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:59:45 PM »
Spitfire Mk I lacks ammo counter.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:16:28 PM »
Amd R9 290x......getting between 75 to 120 fps with v sync off.
Latest amd drivers 16.150.2401.0 are installed.

Question for Mr HiTech:

Would it be possible to move those invisible barriers that gv's experience near bodies of water to
2 to 4 feet inside the water so that gv'ers can drive along the shoreline? Obviously gv's cannot go in the
water, but it would add to the immersion and experience of the game if you could approach a port or any other base without
running into these walls.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 05:34:37 PM »
Question for Mr HiTech:

Would it be possible to move those invisible barriers that gv's experience near bodies of water to
2 to 4 feet inside the water so that gv'ers can drive along the shoreline? Obviously gv's cannot go in the
water, but it would add to the immersion and experience of the game if you could approach a port or any other base without
running into these walls.

I actually liked the way it was many many patches ago: you could drive into the water up to a depth that would probably flood the engine and then your vehicle would just stop there partially submerged.  If you drove through shallow areas it even showed water splashing up behind your wheels instead of dust.  It meant you could ford shallow water areas.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 06:26:08 PM »
I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

Still getting the 0x0...7b error. Application can't start correctly.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 06:27:29 PM »
I actually liked the way it was many many patches ago: you could drive into the water up to a depth that would probably flood the engine and then your vehicle would just stop there partially submerged.  If you drove through shallow areas it even showed water splashing up behind your wheels instead of dust.  It meant you could ford shallow water areas.

I liked that as well.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 08:38:41 PM »
Tested with Rift CV 1

Double vision in gv is gone.

Carrier hangar is back but clipboard even in max zoom out is much to close and in your face. It is ok in airfield hangar.

In flight, moving the text window is jerky and kinda hard to do. The resizing of the text window does not work well. I wanted to expand a little and it jumped to a large size then I couldn't shrink again.

On the carrier bridge the water looks like a gray haze. If you take off and climb a bit and then look down and maybe nose down you see a straight line where the gray haze meets the normal looking ocean. As you maneuver you start to see two horizons and as you move your head or pitch the airplane they get closer together then move apart again. I think what the ships were riding on from the bridge view is actually the sky doubled over the ocean?

I then tried taking off from an airfield near the water and just left it on autoclimb until over the water and the same effect happened.

I am probably not explaining it well and I don't know how to take a screen shot in the rift?

My Vive is disconnected for other problems so did not test it.

Terry

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 08:53:17 AM »
Controller related Screen Freeze:  Joystick suddenly not functioning after selecting a second arena.  Unplugged joystick and plugged back in, creates the frozen screen.  After manipulating to get to the task manager with keyboard strokes and alt tab, the following event was logged:

Fault offset: 0x0022b4e6

Also not sure if this is helpful at all:

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager/Admin
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager
Date:          6/24/2016 9:30:50 AM
Event ID:      131
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:     
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Blackhawk
Description:
Metadata staging failed, result={818D526F-FF5C-11E5-826B-6CF04901842B} for container '0x80070422'

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 09:52:13 AM »
Windows key and Alt+Tab do not work.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 10:09:39 AM »
I can't exit the game using the mouse.  It lets me quit to a point in which the mouse stays on the periphery of the games start screen.

When I try to place the mouse within the start screen it will not appear or go to the clipboard to let me click exit.  I can clearly see the mouse

outside the screen but it disappears when I try to place it within the screen to click exit on the clipboard.

I am using DX9 sorry for posting here.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 10:12:23 AM »
Hajo try clicking the red x on the window to close the game.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 11:45:28 AM »
Spitfire Mk I lacks ammo counter.

Spit Mk I instrument panel has no needles in any gauges along with no ammo counters.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.