Author Topic: Small Maps  (Read 6755 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Small Maps
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2017, 02:26:43 PM »
I have never logged off because of in game conditions, map, night, etc.

I don't get how some log off or cry if the 'wrong' map is up, it's night, or they can't fly their Pee fifty-run Diaper. Off hours with low numbers is a different story.

Be more flexible. AH Flexi-fun Is the way to go!

Simply put, when Buzzsaw is up, a session in an aircraft generally involves:

- bombing GVs or strats.  Wee.
- chasing one of the four enemy aircraft on your fronts.  If it is a fighter, it will generally run to his nearest ack.  If it is a bomber, you better be in either a jug or a TA152 because he's going to be above 30k.
- if it exists, joining the green horde that is attempting to take a base.
- up against the horde if it exists.  Sometimes the nearest airbase is 2 or more sectors away.

The above is more or less in order of likelihood you'll get it on any given login.  In short, Buzzsaw creates similar gameplay for aircraft as off hours.  Nobody to act against.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »
When buzzsaw is up on POTW Tuesday squad night, because of our numbers and willingness to fight, we get at least for an hour a good large furball going at some point. Then we make the best of what is out there and find something to get into trouble with. I will venture from 15 years of playing this game, the loudest complainers about terrains are players who require someone else to create activities on the terrain or they are unwilling as a black hole eats light, to go forth and create activity themselves.

Everyone beats up Hitech over terrains and the outcomes of good or bad play on them. Hitech does not build terrains, he holds players to a set of basic standards when they submit terrains. How any terrain plays out is as much the design as it is how players choose to utilize the terrain. But, I guess it's easier to beat up Hitech who in most cases will only take a hated terrain out of rotation versus wasting company production time by having Waffle do major surgery on it. Rather than face the daunting task of trying to "politely persuade" the players who do create terrains to favor their ideas. Or get off their tukus and create their own vision of a superior product for the main arena.

People come in here and hide behind punching Hitech who does not create terrains instead. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
Again, you're nuts.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »
Seems the laws of physics and black holes are on display today.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »
Quote an example of this Hitech bashing.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
If you google earth HTC offices there is a bishop flag flying over the building!! Conspiracy!! Lol ok I'm done stirring ye ol pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
People come in here and hide behind punching Hitech who does not create terrains instead.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2017, 06:23:43 PM »
No they don't.  You're just nuts.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2017, 08:37:37 AM »
If you google earth HTC offices there is a bishop flag flying over the building!! Conspiracy!! Lol ok I'm done stirring ye ol pot.

Right now I'm really wishing I knew when the next fly over photo would be taken.

HiTech

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2017, 10:00:39 AM »
Right now I'm really wishing I knew when the next fly over photo would be taken.

HiTech

lol I can only imagine

412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2017, 10:35:21 AM »
People don't need to build a terrain to have opinions on terrains.  Hitech  does control what maps go into rotation and the choice to make it player created content.

In my short time here it is very apparent Hitech and his employees do not need outside assistance in responding to posts.  I have seen no posts asking for priorities from the players on how or where they spend man hours, I have seen plenty of players implying that they know. 

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2017, 05:38:15 PM »
People don't need to build a terrain to have opinions on terrains.  Hitech  does control what maps go into rotation and the choice to make it player created content.

In my short time here it is very apparent Hitech and his employees do not need outside assistance in responding to posts.  I have seen no posts asking for priorities from the players on how or where they spend man hours, I have seen plenty of players implying that they know.

Give it a few years, your post is like opening a door and accidentally walking in on a husband and wife argument only hearing "then I'll get even with you..." and they stop talking. I doubt you will use search and look back over the 15 years some of us have been here to gain perspective for what we are saying about terrains and HTC employees.

Nothing wrong with opinions, and many opinions in here turn out to be smoke screens to hide personal bias or attempts to not be nice while looking very erudite and innocent in the process. One of the reasons at the races you get a sheet to read up on the horses before tossing a bet.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »

I wouldn't go that far but....I can think of nothing more valuable as a resource short of debugging than terrain building considering the current rotation. 

I also get the feeling the people who coded the game are going to be much better at map making than we are from a standpoint of efficiency. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2017, 09:12:44 PM »
You do presume a lot.