Author Topic: Mouse input wonky.  (Read 559 times)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
Mouse input wonky.
« on: August 05, 2017, 02:58:17 PM »
Since the last update I had to re-bind my mouse and its functions. During this process I discovered that my mouse wheel was no longer inputting properly (too large steps for each movement).

Something is wrong with the mouse system!

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
Re: Mouse input wonky.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 04:23:50 PM »
Still having this.

Re-bound my mouse wheel to field of view and it is still stuck between full and non zoom.

The mouse-wheel position doesnt seem to be affecting the FOV properly.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 11:51:24 PM »
Maybe try setting Mouse zoom as an "Analog" setting? Not sure about the mouse and analog settings, but some use mouse to fly, axis controls are analog so may be the problem.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 01:23:08 AM »
Have you calibrated the mouse wheel? If not, it will work as an on-off switch.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 12:38:48 PM »
Maybe try setting Mouse zoom as an "Analog" setting? Not sure about the mouse and analog settings, but some use mouse to fly, axis controls are analog so may be the problem.

I tried that, analog seems to be the only setting you can use for the mouse wheel.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 12:57:02 PM »
Have you calibrated the mouse wheel? If not, it will work as an on-off switch.

Tried that, didn't effect things in any way.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 01:44:35 PM »
Just started working again for some reason! Thanks for the help.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 02:13:18 PM »
I moved it out of the bug forum as the game really has no control over what the mouse is feeding to us.

You can always see what the mouse i sending the game in the Options->Controls->Map Controllers dialog.  The numbers in parentheses is what Windows sends us.  Makes it really easy to debug.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 01:21:34 AM »
Would having "Mouse" control enabled/ disabled have an impact in this situation? Such as in options>view preferences> disable mouse or enable for mouse view controls(or what ever its called :uhoh"? Dont check that area very often, cant recall the wording :old:
'
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain