Author Topic: Tax returns  (Read 1674 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Tax returns
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 03:14:13 PM »
I know its a necro-bump but this loose end fits in here nicely.

Well I got an appointment with  :old:  free AARP tax service and they electronically filled my 2021 return on 4 February. I have the IRS2Go app to check 2020 status and always received the ‘incorrect information’ reply which I understood to mean nobody had opened your return, yes I did mail it in, and entered some data from your return. So a week or so after the 2021 return gets e-filed I get a return in the app saying 2021 refund approved and bank should have it around 24 February. That makes me  :D and I when I check on both in App the 2021 gives me a date and the 2020 reply still says ‘incorrect information’ and so it goes. Wednesday morning it changes and both returns with ‘incorrect information’ and I’m WTF? The OCD kicks in until the app says I’ve used up all my inquiries for the day.
I happen to think one thing, maybe it got confused even though it requires return amount, which were different. Anyway cant check with app so check bank account and 2021 refund is in there. :banana: :banana: :banana:  and next day I get a we have received your 2020 return opposed to ‘incorrect information’ so it looks like the wait is over.

Drinks are on me!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :aok :cheers: :bolt:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 03:46:56 PM »
Fuze... Efiled mine today... unfortunately I will get a refund
b/c of the RMD rules  :cry
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 11:27:25 PM »
Filed mine on the 27th of Jan electronically. Im still waiting. There is a "hold up" or in their words "your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal timeframe". It'll come eventually lol. They're in no hurry
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2022, 07:15:12 AM »
Ya I have to call and try to talk to a live human Tuesday.  I'm still waiting on the $550 they owe me from last year and I need my AGI from last year to complete (my comp crashed and ate my data).  Fortunately the folks I work with now are based out of New Orleans so I have a whole week day here in TX to get all of these little niggling rats killed.  I'm expecting around $1000 based on estimation and I have plans for that money.  More toys for me!!!! 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 04:16:21 PM »
I file every year a day or two after they accept, as it takes that long to get mortgage info, etc.  Every refund is in my account 2 weeks later at the most, this year was 1 week.

All the documents I need to file are online and become available wayy sooner than waiting on mail.

I efile with turbotax

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2022, 06:59:33 AM »
You can use your return to purchase I bonds now returning over 7%

That's where ours is going IF I get one this year

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals