Author Topic: The reVamped score page  (Read 286 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2002, 11:36:07 PM »
edited my post above yours clearly testing needs to be done to varify where the "bug" is.

if its invisible how do ya see it :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2002, 11:51:52 PM »
ask deja, he lives and breathes this stuff and had/has access to data dumps.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
The recamped score page
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2002, 12:10:13 AM »
This is something I know for a fact.  I've tested it and proven it.

If you release your troops, then replane in a fighter (as fighter sortie)... the capture will be tracked and recorded.  It simply is not displayed on the score page.  The same procedure is used for getting captures under an attack sortie... though that one is shown simply because attack sorties track object damage and the capture row is shown there.

That is how many people with only average scores manage to stay in the top 10 of fighter ranks (and attack ranks).

I haven't tested object damage under a fighter sortie because that is much more subtle and difficult to show conclusively... but it could have the same type of impact.

AKDejaVu

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2002, 01:43:55 AM »
"votan, veee must vork und zee marksmanship..."

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2002, 02:22:56 AM »
I have a question.  Perhaps it is a stupid question, but it has me sort of confused.  

I was under the impression that to get your rank (in a certain category) you took all the sub-categories, added up your place in them, and the lowest overall number would be ranked number 1, say for fighters.  I don't think that is the case, or if it is then something is terribly wrong with the ranking system because that doesn't seem to work.  Ok, I'm a score potato, I admit it.  Actually, I just think it is a really cool way to keep track of improvement, along with how you stand beside your peers.  I was checking my score tonight (#12 overall, WTG me! :D )- and I came across some , well, odd things.  

For the Fighter category, I am ranked #51.  The first place guy is, as of the moment I checked it, a fellow named "Rotty".  I checked each subcategory ranking (since it is there now :)), and something wierd comes up.  I don't think this guy should be ranked number 1.  

Me: ranked 51st

Kills / Deaths + 1: 3.1484 (101)
Kills / Sorties:        1.8769 (82)
Kills / Time online: 0.0016 (393)
Hit percentage:     14.92% (38)

I understand my stats are not particularly spectacular, I'm posting them to compare them with the number 1 spot.

Rotty: Ranked 1st

Kills / Deaths + 1: 2.1944 (218)
Kills / Sorties:       1.4630 (176)
Kills / Time online: 0.0014 (603)
Hit percentage:     9.16%  (238)

If we did it the way I thought it was done, his 'total' comes up to 1,250.  My total comes up to 796.  Shouldn't I be ranked ahead of him since the 'total' of my ranks is lower than the total of his ranks?  Is this where that base capture bug comes into play at?

Make sure I have everything right, I read that in another post a while back (how the scoring was calculated), so I may have messed it up.  It is kinda puzzling though.

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2002, 04:07:17 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin

Rotty: Ranked 1st

Kills / Deaths + 1: 2.1944 (218)
Kills / Sorties:       1.4630 (176)
Kills / Time online: 0.0014 (603)
Hit percentage:     9.16%  (238)

[/B]

yeah i wonder how in heck that score can be ranked as nr. 1 ?

airguard

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2002, 05:42:09 AM »
Thats what Dejavu is saying that these folks maintain their rank by getting field captures in fighters by droppin troops the exiting and upping a fighter. That way when the troops enter the map room the "captured is scored to the fighter category.

Even though it doesn't show up on the score page it is factored in.

So instead of just the 5 visible air score (vrs  enemy) theres is really 6 or possible 10 if the the 5 ground scores are factored in. Even though they dont show.

So a guy with real toejamty scores in the 5 visible categories uses "field capture" to keep his rank high. And maybe the other vrs object categories as well.

Thats why I guy with the scores like fester arent number 1 and someone like rotty are.

I hardly believed it myself. I wonder if bomber score includes 6 hidin categories..........?

Good find I had seen the ranks were screwy for sometime and even though I had a good grasp as to how they are supposed to work I never would have thought this was the case.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
The recamped score page
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2002, 05:55:54 AM »
Again, HT knows about the problem with "hidden" captures, and posted that it will be fixed.

I think they are probably waiting for the start of the next tour to do this.

Fariz

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
The recamped score page
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2002, 09:11:16 AM »
If this is relally related to fighter field captures, it would be very easy to set to 0 all players captures in fighter category.

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
The recamped score page
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2002, 09:57:00 AM »
LOL I have always been staying at a filed with goone or m3 so im sure i get the perks for a capture when bringing troops.
That has also killed me somtime.
How lame just ef. and pick a plane and get the perkis anyway grrr.

airguard