Author Topic: Rudder Peddle Brakes  (Read 842 times)

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2002, 01:56:59 PM »
 From the 1.09 readme:

Wheel brakes now ramp up in effect as you apply them.

This is referring to the space bar. Before if you hit the space bar it would apply fulll brakes. Now it will ramp brake pressure up the longer you hold the space bar down.

Progressive brakes have always worked for me in AH, using CH control manager or not.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2002, 05:56:47 PM »
Yup Starbird is correct, I asked HT himself if anything had changed as far as pedal toe brakes were concerned and his reply was no.  
And yeah they work the same they always have +)

SKurj

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2002, 02:22:51 AM »
Mino,

If you using 2 USB devices, one being the CH Pedals Pro, you should see both those devices in AH joystick setup. Make sure you select the X- and Y-axis of the second device (CH Pedals) and not the X- and Y-axis of the joystick to assign for brakes.

I use USB CH Pedals Pro and the toe barkes work fine.

Apar

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2002, 08:11:22 PM »
The problem turned out to be the CH Products Control Panel.

If I ran Control Panel, then it would lump all the CH Devices together and Windows nor AH would recognize my peddles.  All the CH devices got bunched together under one device name.

Now, I do not run Control Panel and have programed all of my joystick buttons via the AH Stickmapping utility.  This allows me to get all three devices in Windows and in AH, not just the one.

Thanks again!

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2002, 08:32:37 PM »
Originally posted by Mino
The problem turned out to be the CH Products Control Panel.

If I ran Control Panel, then it would lump all the CH Devices together and Windows nor AH would recognize my peddles.  All the CH devices got bunched together under one device name.

Now, I do not run Control Panel and have programed all of my joystick buttons via the AH Stickmapping utility.  This allows me to get all three devices in Windows and in AH, not just the one.

Thanks again!

Actually, you can set up your sticks as 3 seperate devices in the CH Control Panel.  It's not incredibly intuative, but it gives you ALOT more options than just using the AH stickmapping.

For the main movement axis' on each stick, you probably had them all set as "Joystick 1" in the DX Device selection box.  Set them up each as a different stick.  

The only prob I have with this is that they don't actually show by name in the AH Stick setup. The show as CH Product controller 1, CH Product Controller 2, and 3.  NOt hard to figure out which is which tho.

D

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2002, 01:16:53 PM »
For AH I don't use the CH Control Panel at all.  AH sees all three devices, all three axes on each device, and all the buttons without any help from CH.

The only thing I haven't got working is view pitch/yaw.  It's set up on the X/Y axis of my throttle (USB Pro) but doesn't seem to do anything.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2002, 11:36:02 AM »
I have the x35/x36 USB combo with CH Pro USB with RangerBob's special patch file. I had the toebrakes working for a few weeks but they suddenly stopped. I've tried a dozen things to get it back, and am now thinking the toebrakes just may be physically broken.

So I know it can be done. Good luck to you.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.