Author Topic: Okay more help please  (Read 287 times)

Offline SavedSaint

• Copper Member
Okay more help please
« on: April 14, 2002, 04:00:54 AM »
I need to know distance of weapons.  I see a enemy plane out about 5k.  I know my weapon don't hit him that far and i don't have chance to get him.  So can i get a hit at 1k, or 2k.  I realy don' know, but maybe im wasting ammo firing at those distances.

Anyone have an idea of ranges of weapons.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Okay more help please
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2002, 04:11:00 AM »
If your talking MGs and Cannon, then an easy rule to rember is, in Aces High, they can be dangerous out to ~800-1000 but alot more effective if fired at less than 500, preferably under 400.

as for rockets and bombs, they're effective no matter what distance you fire em, its more a question of getting them to hit what you want.

Buff MGs and GV MGs tend to have about 30-40% extra range. Flak can hit out to 2k or so.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline SavedSaint

• Copper Member
Okay more help please
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2002, 05:44:14 AM »
whats the distance in each square.  This way i can plot my course a bit better.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Okay more help please
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2002, 07:40:57 AM »
25 miles

I set my converance for 400 and almost never shoot less than that .

Why is because even if you hit your target it doesn't do that much damage , but if close the bulltes seem to go "into" the plance farther and do more damage .

Example , say shot at a car door , long distance you get through the outer skin but close up , go through both the skin inside door skin , the driver and out the other door to exit the car .

That's why it's so important to work for the close shot .

A side bennie is it's so cool when they go BOOM :)
My current Ace's High handle is spro