Author Topic: Ever wonder on how to pull that nice reverse??  (Read 4760 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Ever wonder on how to pull that nice reverse??
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2004, 12:14:30 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
I always and  probably never will stop with the attitude that I can beat anything I come up against, I am positive in my mind that I am going to be the victor in every incounter ( that means 1 vs 1 or  2 on me) I don't even rattle much if I hear a ping or 2 and don't freak about it, this thought with constant practice makes me fly better. I am not saying I am any better than the next guy here, but in my mind in a dogfight I am confident I can beat the opponent wether I do or don't. If I don't I take it as a grain of salt ( with a learning experience built in ) and try again.

Excellant quote TC. It's a mindset. It's ALWAYS practice. Always working it. AHII has had some wonderful "practice" areas the last few nights. Just no holds barred fighting. There is nothing better.

With that atitude the game is so much fun. You win some, you lose some but the experience and fun from the exercise is ALWAYS worth the effort.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2004, 09:57:53 PM »
>>Plus do you really ever want to put yourself in that spot where the con is 200-400 off your 6? Be agressive from the start..<<

Thank you. That was my major point when jet re uppped this thread. Its not a great position to be in and he seemed concerned it wasn't working. On any given day it MIGHT work and if nothing else is available - hell yea use it. Cut your throttle drop your your gear, drop those flaps , pull some g's, and they might overshoot - just don't count on it.  But my point was don't seek that position unless you are just "working on stuff."

Again, excellent flying and excellent gunnery WT. My post was against  the idea that it was a gauranteed move or somehow an *attack*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 10:03:14 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2004, 10:26:55 PM »
not all stalking is done from high 6.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2004, 08:19:11 PM »
just would like to ask what is better plane for the scissors

A. plane with good roll like the 190 F4U P47

B.a plane with good turnrate and so so Roll

iv just tryed the scissors on spitfires in a 190a-5 and stalled and ended up die-ing
because the plane could not maintain speed in the scissors
known as Arctic in the main

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2004, 12:23:37 AM »
Roll- fw's have great roll rates at very slow speeds. But the spit can fly slower than a FW, but has a sluggish roll at slow speeds. But if you have any alt at all, you should be able to to accelerate away from the spit staying behind you, as fw's accelorate faster than spits especially in a gentle dive. I know FW's do it to me all the time :D The great thing is if you scissors and accelerate away from a spit, they'll probably be angry enough to chase you into a hoard of your friends or an ack. I know I do that all the time too :) I'm just a newbie but fly spits almost exclusively. At very slow speeds, the spit will never match the roll rate of a fw and at very fast speeds it wont either. At 240 or so, the the fw still has a roll advantage, but it doesn't seem as extreme. So I guess the real danger zone for the fw is a close spit with speeds around 240. If he can get away before the spit gets to 240 or throttles down to 240 (or so), the spit should never come close to matching his direction changes.

240 might be high but I never look at the guage in a fight. If I aint blacking out and am rolling sluggishly, I figure I'm below corner speed. If I am blacking out I figure above corner speed.

read this:

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_054a.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 01:14:06 AM by TweetyBird »

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by simshell
just would like to ask what is better plane for the scissors

A. plane with good roll like the 190 F4U P47

B.a plane with good turnrate and so so Roll

iv just tryed the scissors on spitfires in a 190a-5 and stalled and ended up die-ing
because the plane could not maintain speed in the scissors

it depends on speed.
If you start the scissor fight in high speeds, the roll rate and deceleration are most important to create the overshoot. Here FW, hogs and jugs are very good.

If the overshoot did not happen by the time the speed is lost (or it was slow to begin with) eventually the plane able to fly slower will have the upper hand. Here Spits, F6Fs, P38 are good planes.

So, FW will be great for the first move, but if you don't suprise the bandit you are screwed. F4Us have good low speed handeling, but you need to watch out of the stall. Jugs have a very gentle stall but are fat pigs when slow.

So it's down to knowing your plane's and you nme plane's little quirks and exploiting them.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2004, 02:07:56 PM »
Since I cancelled my accoun tto AH I've been flying Il2FB offline alot. I've noticed that they've programmed the manuver WT's talking about into the opponent's plane. When you get on their 6 they always slow down to near stall speed so you really have to be on your toes not to fly by. If you do they'll immediately roll toward you. usually, though, the AI has them so slow that they can't get a good shot at you before you've zoomed away out of range.

Just an observation I thought was interesting.

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2004, 11:16:24 AM »
Hey Wldthing.........I haven't found your film.

Where could I download it ?

Thx.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2004, 12:17:49 PM »
It's easy to kill WT & Levi, if the timing is right,

In AH2 beta, one night I logged in and lo and behold, WT was a Knit, Levi was one of the other insignificant countryfolk, So I upped a SpitV, knowing the weeds were were I would find these two purse slapping each other and headed for the dar bar....
I slide through the trees avoiding the new ack squirrels HT has implemented into the game, and coming round the mountain with my 6 white horses I see WT in his Spit doing his washing machine/Tumble dryer moves with another Red flavored Spit, so I stay low knowing that the cheat factor has increased because the icons are beneath my plane and I am practically invisible to the enme spit, but watching carefully for the squirrels that reach out for your wings as you fly past the trees.... Seeing that WT is in a little bit of a disadvantage, I as a true loyal countryman decide I must save him... knowing my limited ability is a factor I open up about 800 out as I fly through the engagement, whacking the Red spit and taking his tail off, I look back as somehow WT has actually turned back to shoot the red spit and instead has connected well with my wing roots, I look down at the text bar and I see the System declare proudly That I, yes NwBie, have kilt Levi, (I am pretty sure I heard trumpets and such) but I digress, sadly WT was obviously not paying close attention and got killshot, so after his congratulatory salute, (involved some 4 letter words of which I figured was some sort of slang for -Thank you, u saved my ***, you are my hero, or such),
So in one fell swoop I kilt both Levi and WT, so like I said, it doesn't require all that much skill, just unbelievable timing  :)

BTW: Still one of the most fun nights I had in AH with you guys

Nwbie
:lol
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2004, 02:53:24 PM »
:rofl
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2004, 11:36:44 PM »
i get a url not found message
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2004, 12:16:15 AM »
this film is in AH1 format, it will not work unless you still have AH1 loaded or you load up AH1.

alot of people have this film if you still want it, they prob could email it to you, or upload it somewhere.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2004, 12:50:34 AM »
meddog -- I removed it from the 332nd's site during site cleanup.  I will search the harddrives and/or my backups and see if I can get you a copy.