Author Topic: Need ".squelch 2" and ".squelch room"  (Read 319 times)

Offline Makofan

• Copper Member
Need ".squelch 2" and ".squelch room"
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2002, 02:15:56 PM »
Oh God

Our guys sing in Polish, and off key too!  *shudders*

.squelch squad!

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2002, 05:17:34 PM »
popeye:

Was it somehow unclear that I meant Dago and LLB?  But thanks for the clarification anyway.

Hooligan

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2002, 11:27:32 PM »
Only if we are allowed to bomb our own shacks..

unless you mean to use them as some form of a truce-making bribe?

I go fly off in the boons just so I don't have to listen to some bozo talk to some other bozo about the new parts he got for his car, his last fishing trip, how long it's been since they've seen each other, what plane he's flying and where he's going...etc etc. ..

stfu people I hate you all.

Originally posted by Kweassa
Maybe HTC should put in radio transmission shacks near airfields. Bomb the shack and country channel is disabled to those in the area.. "communications down" woo hoo hoo.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2002, 06:16:42 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
Maybe HTC should put in radio transmission shacks near airfields. Bomb the shack and country channel is disabled to those in the area.. "communications down" woo hoo hoo.

I like this...moreso if we could bomb our own shacks.
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2002, 06:56:20 AM »
Taken from Q&A#1 - and I actually agree more with not having it able to be squelched
DES writes:

I would like to be able to turn off range voice, is there any hope of this happening? If not, why?

Our cautious approach to this issue is because we don’t want to set up a cascading effect that undermines the utility of the channel. There is a lot of value in teammates exchanging tactical information beyond the generic check six call that we have. What we don’t want to have happen is that people stop bothering to give information because there is a good probability that it won’t even be received. Which then makes less people use it until it’s not of much use at all. Ideally, if possible, we would prefer to try to address the issues that would make people not want the range channel enabled. That’s not going to be possible with everyone but there are no 100% solutions.

<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2002, 08:11:57 AM »
Ok... what 'tactical information' do we get now other than  misinformation and panic stricken (but perhaps well meaning) warnings.

It's an annoying feature that is forced on us.  I have mine turned all the way down now as do many others.   I am sure that it is worse that we don't respond than if they knew that we may have it turned off completely.  

I may turn it back up just so that I can tell people around me to shut up.
lazs

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2002, 09:22:25 AM »
I very occasionally hear tactical information such as "buff strike" heading in from a1" or, "there are a lot of GVs spawning at a1".  Normally I would rather not hear it as any information I care about I usually get on squad coms.  People don't seem to "stop bothering" to give information I typically ignore so I would just as soon have a way to filter it out so I can ignore the silence instead.

Hooligan
« Last Edit: July 09, 2002, 09:24:39 AM by Hooligan »

Offline Willi Winzig

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2002, 10:55:12 AM »
Yes!

.(un)squelch and .(un)vsquelch for *all* channels!

It must be the player's decision. And would give the opportunity to plan and run missions in the textbuffer without interference by text from chnl 2.

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2002, 08:58:41 PM »
I gather from this thread, and conversations online tonight, that there is in fact no way to disable voice then? Want it or not, its forced down your throat? Is that basically how it works at present? If not, PLEASE let me know how to turn it off as I've had no luck so far.

It really doesn't get much more annoying than this.
--)-Vortex----

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2002, 11:08:21 PM »
Turn it off in voice setup. The problem is there is no way to turn off range voice without turning off channel voice :(

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2002, 11:59:51 PM »
Thanks Samm. I've noticed that when I disable everything in Voice setup, as well as turn all the sliders down (there's 3 there I believe), I don't hear the voices anymore (short of the ranged ones) but I _do_ still have my sounds cut out as people talk. It appears that all those controls do is act as volume controls for the voices. Alas, sadly the cure is almost worse than the disease...having sounds cut out completely every time someone talks, and hearing nothing, is almost as annoying as being forced to listen to them yammer on in the first place.

I still feel that I _have_ to be missing something here? I mean this thing can't be that poorly designed, is it? This is more intrusive and annoying than a virus...and I'm paying for it to boot! Ack!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2002, 12:04:11 AM by Vortex »
--)-Vortex----

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2002, 12:04:38 AM »
Turn effects volume up not down .

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2002, 07:10:34 AM »
Ok, so the "Effect" volume controls the normal sounds (gun, engine, etc) then does it? I'll adjust that accordingly tonight and see what I get. Thanks for the info!
--)-Vortex----

Offline ZOSO

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2002, 12:20:33 PM »
Often times, it's not an exchange of tactical information, it's players arguing with each other about where to fight, or even how to fight.  That doesn't add anything to the game, in fact it detracts from it.

If I want to go up for a quick sortie and not worry about the strategic or tactical situation, why should I not have the option to squelch 2 if I want to?  It should be the player's option.  Just like it should be the player's option to permanantly squelch offensive players.