Author Topic: AH Dudes, FYI  (Read 802 times)

Mr.ED

AH Dudes, FYI
« on: November 08, 1999, 06:52:00 PM »
I had been reviewing a cool video series me mum gave me for my birthday.

It's call "Warbirds or WWII" You guys ever heard of it? well In each video about a different plane, it has from pre-flight to post-flight. I watched the P-51 video several times to make sure I had these tid-bits of info correct about taking of in a pony.

First of all, only take off with 20% flaps if you are carrying a payload, otherwise Zero
flaps.
If you are carrying payload DO NOT fly ACM, you have to jedison your payload before hand.

you must start off with 7% left ailiron & 6% up elevator.

WEP can only be used for up to 5 minutes AT A TIME, or you damage the Rolls/Merlin.

giving the pony "front stick" will keep the tail wheel locked in the 6% steering position, it should have a little back stick to release the tail wheel to free wheel postion.

The manifold pressure is automatic, and up to 61 inches in normal for take-off.

I calls them likes I sees them

Mr.ED
Pony Driver
Knight

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
AH Dudes, FYI
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 1999, 08:21:00 PM »
Yup,Zero Warbird page has these films there.Training film for th p38,p51,p47 as well as b17,b29,a26.. Seen them many years ago but its still good to refresh the memory.

------------------
--wd-- Jagdgeschwader 26 "Schlageter"
            "The Abbeville Boys"

Zempke

AH Dudes, FYI
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 1999, 10:46:00 PM »
Ya got a URL for those ?  

freak-

AH Dudes, FYI
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 1999, 08:21:00 AM »
here ya go....enjoy !!!!   http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/

freak-,   Out.....

------------------

aircat

AH Dudes, FYI
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 1999, 05:07:00 AM »
hmm you can do ACM with ord. but as one ace (cant remember which but can look it up if needed) learned quickly (almost fatily) drop ord and burn AUX tank or your out of wack. he got his first kill in a 51D with his left drop tank still attatched and fuel belly fuel. he had to return home early cause of the loss of fuel that was in the right drop tank he jetisoned prematurely and couldnt stay with the bomber formation.

[This message has been edited by aircat (edited 11-10-1999).]