Author Topic: Customer Service at it's best!  (Read 296 times)

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Customer Service at it's best!
« on: June 07, 2000, 02:39:00 PM »
Last week I reformatted my HD, and although I thought I remembered my password guess what?  

Anyway I tried the resend password thingy on the web page but no dice.  I had changed isps and had forgotten to update my profile.

Well the only thing to do was to call HTC and ask for help.  When I called, a person answered (first good thing) I expected to talk to Ronni or Yankee, but apparently they were out power shopping or something and I was talking to either Natedog or Superfly I think.  Anyway I explained by problem and whoever had answered the phone said "Lemme give you to Pyro, I'm only an art guy  "

So I a second who picks up the phone?  HT hisself!  The boss, the big cheese, the head honcho took time to fix my little problem.  And from the sound of his voice I interupted him working, not that he was unpleasent, just the opposite but I got the impression he was very busy (working on 1.03 I'm guessing).  In 10 seconds he confirmed who I was and gave me my password and I was on my way.

Now maybe I'm easily impressed and yes HTC is a small company, but the fact that the president of the company took time to ensure one of his customers got the support he needed even when his office staff was away, impressed me no end.

I just like to say thanks to HT, Pyro and all the boys and girls at HTC.  It's not often in todays world that a person finds that kind of comitment from a company to it's customers.

<S>

Sharky
P.S.  
HT
In an effort to perhaps speed along the introduction of the Jug to AH, I looked at the link for the "bribs" and the Cregenmore is listed but does have an "order button" associated with it like the rest.  Maybe that's why the midnight deliveries have stopped  

------------------
Playboy Leader
307th FS/31st FG
You can run but ya just die tired

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2000, 02:49:00 PM »
Hmmm, I got a different story from Heater, he said something about HT being  a real PUTZ...why do I get conflicting reports of "what HT is"....guess that what the con is for!  I still kick myself for missing the 1st (and only time since) chance I had at the first WB's con, woulda been nice to owe homage to the men that are responsible  for my very enjoyable addiction to online flight sims I have today!  

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2000, 02:58:00 PM »
Nice Sharky.  Sounds like you were in the same boat I was.  Reformatted computer, didn't backup all the data I should have to the 2nd drive and had a new email address.  I sent off an email about it, but then found my password in the inbox of my system at work.  I sent off an email to let the applicable person know that the problem had been solved.  

Sisu
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

JFalk

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2000, 05:11:00 PM »
yes, HTC is a class act all the way. *salute*

Falkowsk

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2000, 05:49:00 PM »
"Now maybe I'm easily impressed and yes HTC is a small company, but the fact that the president of the company took time to ensure one of his customers got the support he needed even when his office staff was away, impressed me no end."

LOL Sharky.. I'l tell yah what impresed me much more than his great customer service... watching him attacking acks in a pony. Now, THAT was impressive.  

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2000, 12:00:00 AM »
Ht may be the president but ask Yankee who runs the place. I remember her saying that she is the mother Hen or something like that.  

Been to visit them twice, was always treated nicely. Was very impressed with Ht and Pyros knowledge. HT knows more then just programming, Pyros reference library was something to druel over. Dont argue armament ith him unless you have the same books!!!!  

They are a great bunch of people and doing great job.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2000, 12:55:00 AM »
And that is the reason I'm here, and why I plan on staying here for a very long time  

------------------

leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 06-08-2000).]
ingame: Raz

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2000, 02:24:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Hmmm, I got a different story from Heater, he said something about HT being  a real PUTZ...

Rip, Damm it I did not say that,
I said he was a REAL BIG PUTZ! if you are going to quote me get it right  

------------------
!!! Heater !!!

Shit Happens All The Time

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done."

[This message has been edited by Heater (edited 06-08-2000).]
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2000, 08:34:00 AM »
And heater still can't fly for crap. Sigh why do i put up with him as a wingie. Heater makes a much better enemy (easy kill)

HiTech

------------------
HiTech
For Bribes