Author Topic: No new planes in AH2?  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2003, 07:03:42 AM »
New planes?

Yeah!
Modestly this ones first:

;)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2003, 07:38:27 AM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
I have to agree with bfreek.  I just got done playing IL-2, and the more I play it, the more I realize how important it is to pay close attention to modeling the little stuff, like the 109g-2 nearly rattles appart wehn you let loose with those gunpods.
  Now I know what is a stable gun platform, by knowing what is not.

same here, been playing forgotten battles IL2 for a while now and must agree this is the way id want AH2 to go. THe fog/mist and clouds are superb , the explosions and subsiquent lighting up of surronding objects.The way your bullets FEEL as though each individual hit is actually hitting where you aimed.! its a great game.

The only thing it lacks? a decent multiplayer server and the fact its limited to 32 people per host isnt good either. (generally its too laggy with over 16 people!.

SO the obvious answer is to use AH's servers and a graphics engine similar to IL2. Then you would have a truelly remarkable game.After seeing the recent pics of the P51 wing I was a little dissapointed by the ground textures and general look of the landscape, it had that early 90's look to it. We are in the new millenium! lets use the new graphic features! we should be waiting for dirextX 9 effects not just a simple facelift. It needs to push the boundries a little I think.I have a great video card with tonnes of features, Id like to see it put to good use on my favourite game....AH.

If you want to see some great effects in a new game go download the motogp2 demo. Lovely bumpmapped grass and sand textures, the roads look so real you could almost pick the stones out of the tarmac!  superb lighting effects on curved surfaces, excellent motion blur effects at high speed!!! , now if they could add this to AH2 WOW what a difference that could make.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 07:44:02 AM by hazed- »

Offline WestyAH

• Copper Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2003, 08:39:50 AM »
I second what Hazed said.   Just don't add that clownish gun firing flare effect.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2003, 08:58:51 AM »
Could use some Japanese aircraft.  Ki-44 Shoki and Ki-84 Hayate come to mind.

Could use more than 2 tanks.  Sherman Calliope and Pershing come to mind.

Could use more than 1 kind of player-mannable AA gun. Twin .50s come to mind. 88mm comes to mind, too.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2003, 09:07:40 AM »
Originally posted by Ecke-109-
New planes?

Yeah!
Modestly this ones first:

;)

not a single FW ?
Heretic !!!

Offline WestyAH

• Copper Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2003, 09:32:42 AM »
"ould use some Japanese aircraft. Ki-44 Shoki and Ki-84 Hayate come to mind. "

Agree!  A "Raiden" would be very nice also. But whatever they do PLEASE hold off on a KI-43 till the last moment.  Make Kekule ride the ship down  first ;)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2003, 09:58:32 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-
same here, been playing forgotten battles IL2 for a while now and must agree this is the way id want AH2 to go. THe fog/mist and clouds are superb , the explosions and subsiquent lighting up of surronding objects.The way your bullets FEEL as though each individual hit is actually hitting where you aimed.! its a great game.

The only thing it lacks? a decent multiplayer server and the fact its limited to 32 people per host isnt good either. (generally its too laggy with over 16 people!.

SO the obvious answer is to use AH's servers and a graphics engine similar to IL2. Then you would have a truelly remarkable game.After seeing the recent pics of the P51 wing I was a little dissapointed by the ground textures and general look of the landscape, it had that early 90's look to it. We are in the new millenium! lets use the new graphic features! we should be waiting for dirextX 9 effects not just a simple facelift. It needs to push the boundries a little I think.I have a great video card with tonnes of features, Id like to see it put to good use on my favourite game....AH.

If you want to see some great effects in a new game go download the motogp2 demo. Lovely bumpmapped grass and sand textures, the roads look so real you could almost pick the stones out of the tarmac!  superb lighting effects on curved surfaces, excellent motion blur effects at high speed!!! , now if they could add this to AH2 WOW what a difference that could make.

Hazed ...

As NoBaddy alluded to, and talking to HiTech at the con, this game has basically been re-written with the intention of bringing AH to the level of realism that all of us would like to see, within reason. With that in mind, you must also realize that HTC will not just go willy nilly throwing all sorts of eye-candy all over the place and degredate the client to server action and re-action. Yes IL2 looks nice, but as you have said yourself, anything more than 16 people and it sucks pond water. Thats the price you pay for TOO much eye candy at this stage of the "game".

HiTech and HTC will be playing a balancing act as they bring AH II out and forward. If eye candy can be done without degredation to the client - server interactions, I believe that HT will do it, eventually, otherwise forget it ... he won't do it.

Oh ... the new micro-terrain does use bumpmapping and it is something that we can turn on/off, and what has already been rendered (trees, bushes, rocks, etc.) looks great. That screen shot does no justice to what the new AH II terrain does/will look like.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2003, 10:19:16 AM »
sorry Straffo,

what an egoist i am!!

Thats for you:

:)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 10:26:53 AM by Ecke-109- »