Author Topic: No new planes in AH2?  (Read 1196 times)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
No new planes in AH2?
« on: July 19, 2003, 04:48:42 PM »
Spoke to a few folks at the Con last night, and was disappointed to hear they were told no new planes were in the AH2 update.

Granted, the game engine, mission arena, and reskinned planes are like getting a whole new game, but considering the number of threads about new planes I've seen, I'm thinking some folks are going to be disappointed. (Me, yeah a little...was hoping for something to spend my bomber perks on..)

Anyone else hear the same thing from their people at the con?

I'm just wondering how accurate my info is.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 05:47:07 PM »
I think its likely your info is correct.   Remember they have to redo all the existing planes to bring them up to AH2 standards, and that's quite a few.

Sad, new planes are a big factor in keeping the game fresh.

Offline bfreek

• Copper Member
ok again
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 07:50:06 PM »
how many planes do we need in a game 300?

every possible flight characteristic is modeled already and a few that defy physics so what else is needed?

how about better graphics and eye candy like explosions and clouds. forget about the dorks that try playing this game with a 286 and 4 megs of ram or a 2400 modem they cant afford to play 15$ a month anyways and shouldnt be. Crank this game up on its graphics , heck anyone can build a sizzling system nowadays for 600-1000 bucks.  Let'er'Rip !

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Re: ok again
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 08:22:36 PM »
Originally posted by bfreek
how many planes do we need in a game 300?

every possible flight characteristic is modeled already and a few that defy physics so what else is needed?

how about better graphics and eye candy like explosions and clouds. forget about the dorks that try playing this game with a 286 and 4 megs of ram or a 2400 modem they cant afford to play 15$ a month anyways and shouldnt be. Crank this game up on its graphics , heck anyone can build a sizzling system nowadays for 600-1000 bucks.  Let'er'Rip !

are you from fighter ace?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 09:00:04 PM »
Haven't heard that but its not surprising. I would think that just redoing the graphics engine and updating the current aircraft would be all they can handle at the moment. Now I would like to see some newer aircraft a couple of months after the release but I want them to get the game done right first.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 11:17:19 PM »
Let them get AH beta out the door first and working with the existing plane set.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 12:59:20 AM »
I don't think they are working on re-skining the planes. The skins were already made in high resolution, they were just "lowered to AH standard".
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 01:21:33 AM »
I heard somewhere that we would be able to have custom skins in AH2. Anyone else hear anything on this?

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Re: No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 01:35:42 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Spoke to a few folks at the Con last night, and was disappointed to hear they were told no new planes were in the AH2 update.

actually , they are all new planes in ah2

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 01:44:07 AM »
yes there will be costum skins and how would either of you know only ht and proy would know and they wont tell you guys anything about new planes most likely they will give you both sides to confuse you
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 02:42:14 AM »
Do you want to wait AH2 2 month longer because of new planes, or get it with old planes, but 2 months earlier?

I prefer 1st one.

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 02:54:48 AM »
Originally posted by Lazerus
I heard somewhere that we would be able to have custom skins in AH2. Anyone else hear anything on this?

Here you go Lazerus...

Discussion on plane skins

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 05:26:26 AM »
My vote

A working AH2 first, get any bugs tracked and removed, new planes etc can wait.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 06:10:43 AM »
I have to agree with bfreek.  I just got done playing IL-2, and the more I play it, the more I realize how important it is to pay close attention to modeling the little stuff, like the 109g-2 nearly rattles appart wehn you let loose with those gunpods.
  Now I know what is a stable gun platform, by knowing what is not.

Offline WestyAH

• Copper Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 09:12:43 AM »
No new planes? Ever?  Or are the plans basically for porting the AH aircraft into AH-II first and then progressing from there? That's what others seem to think and I to believe that is thier plan.

I could not fathom HTC not working on and including additional aircraft into AH-II in the near term (after AH II/TOD goes into payed production) unless they're intending on branching out into another genre (I don't put any stock into that at all) or are losing staff (certainly hope not).