Author Topic: Poll: Dish or cable  (Read 778 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Poll: Dish or cable
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2003, 07:24:45 PM »
Originally posted by Sundiver
I think the dish is certainly the better source for television assuming you have a means other than cable for high-speed access.

I am curious though. Why use Tivio when you can purchase a TV card for your computer for under 50 bucks and record direct to your HD AND watch tv on your computer? What's the advantage of a TIVO type device over a television capture card?

with tivo I can record one thing, watch another...i can watch somthing from the begining thats been recording for however long.  

I can pause live broadcast....instant replay....Its really no that much money and I really dont want to tie up my computer like that

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2003, 09:14:58 PM »
I use Comcast.  I pray to the cable gods that the day I can drop them comes quickly.

I HATE Comcast.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2003, 10:11:21 PM »
I've had comcast for awhile (just the cheap channles)  they are acutually free with the cable internet.

my parents have the dish, and that's a nightmare for me.  the wiring was hooked up for them by the guy who installed the dish.  between the dish , the vcr, the dvd, and the tv remote, my father can have it so screwed up that he can't watch it about 3 times a week.

he will actually watch 2 hours of tv he doesn't want to see because he's afraid if he tries to change a chanle he wont be able to watch tv again until someone can come over and fix it.

it may be less of a mess if I'd hooked it up myself, but it's pretty screwed up as it is.

we did finally get the situation workable by setting everything up to a universal remote.  then taking the origanals to my house, and taking apart the universal and cutting off all of the buttons except volume and chanle up and down.

btw- he had no problem with cable.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2003, 10:30:12 PM »
Absoloutely 100%, no doubt about it - Dish! I have DirectTV.