Author Topic: Attention Afrika Corps participants!  (Read 187 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Attention Afrika Corps participants!
« on: November 03, 2000, 01:40:00 PM »
The big event we've all been waiting for begins this Sunday, Nov. 5. at 3:00pm Eastern time.

At this time, I'd like to introduce the CM's that will be donating their time to make sure you all have a positive scenario experience:

Jihad
Ghosth
Busc
RDRedwing
Kieren
banana

If you are registered for the scenario, you should have already been contacted by your command staff, and know what to do when you enter the arena.

Walkons:Anyone interested in trying to be a walk-on participant should log into the Special Events Arena by 2:45pm Eastern time. Please wait patiently, and we'll allocate you to an open slot as soon as possible. There is no guarantee that you will get a slot, but there are often many open slots to be filled.

There a few of things that you, as participants, can do to help make sure the scenario goes smoothly:

1. Be patient. Getting a large scenario like this off the ground takes enormous cooperation between everyone involved. The CM's and the command staffs will be extremely busy. Please remain patient, and we'll get to any issue that pops up as soon as possible.

2. Be quiet. There's nothing that can delay an event more than the participants all chatting on the radio buffer. The only people that should be using the open radio channel(channel 1) should be the CM's. The command staff from each side should have already told you which radio channel to use for communications.

There is a neat little CM command called .mute, which allows us to prevent anyone's radio transmissions from showing up in the text buffer. Please don't make us use this on you!  

3. Respect. As an Afrika Corps participant, we expect that you will show respect for the CM's, the command staff on both sides, and all the players in this scenario. If you have an issue with something or someone, please let your command staff know. They will then address this issue with the CM staff. Verbal arguments or abuse will not be tolerated! Anyone who violates this rule will be warned once, and then ejected from the arena if it continues.

My goal is to start each frame on time, at 3:00pm Eastern time. You can help us maintain this schedule by being in the arena, ready to go, by 2:45pm Eastern time.

The entire CM staff is dedicated to making multi-frame scenarios like "Afrika Corps" a valuable addition to the current set of scenarios available to you. We hope you have fun and find Afrika Corps to be a rewarding experience!

banana
Head CM
Afrika Corps Scenario

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 11-04-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2000, 01:44:00 PM »
<S> CM's, thks for volunteering your time!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2000, 01:48:00 PM »
<S> <S>  (double salute!)    

I hope to make it as a walkon. Regardless, I hope this is a grand success and I wish the combatants from both sides the best of luck!

-Westy

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2000, 07:54:00 AM »
<punt>

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2000, 01:19:00 PM »
Oops, my bad.

Please notice that I've edited which arena the walk-ons should report to.

Potential Walk-ons should report to the Special Events Arena by 2:45pm Eastern Time.