Author Topic: I find it interesting...  (Read 1208 times)

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2004, 02:58:45 AM »
Hah!! that's nothing - had someone on last night complaining endlessly about not getting check six's how the team was terrible, not to expect anything from him - told him to stop whining and .......... was told I was a REPUBLICAN!!!

am still trying to get over it......

On the bright side it is interesting to note that that calling someone a Republican has now overtaken accusations of being gay....

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2004, 04:35:01 AM »
bah.. if someone doesn't know what alt-f4 does, they shouldn't be on the 'net. it an age's old rite of passing. it should only take *one* time. if it doesn't, then darwin weeps.

personally i save the alt-f4 for the ones looking for cheat codes and stuff.  ;)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2004, 04:41:57 AM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
Hah!! that's nothing - had someone on last night complaining endlessly about not getting check six's how the team was terrible, not to expect anything from him - told him to stop whining and .......... was told I was a REPUBLICAN!!!
Hehe, I think I was there when that happened! Although I've not played for 2-3 evenings. Are you sure it was last night?

Skuzz, I'm sure many of us would like to help the noobs, but there is one change that needs to be made. That is when a noob asks if he can join your plane. Almost always when this happens, it's mid engagement. I have to fumble for the mouse to hit the DECLINE button when that window pops up, blocking my view, and at best miss a shot and lose out, or at worst get killed. It's a lose-lose situation. The guy in flight has had his flight ruined, and the noob feels snubbed. I also feel, with the typical dork mentality which is becoming more prevalent as time passes, that some guys might be doing it just for a laugh - to ruin your fight at the most opportune moment. There needs to be a global command which allows people to say NO to flight joining from the start.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2004, 07:14:59 AM »
if you've RTFM, you'd know there is one, sorta.

/.showjoin - it sends the request to buffer instead of popup.

noobs!

:rolleyes:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2004, 08:11:19 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
I've helped out many, and a squad is a great place to do so... we even have a great training area... but channel 1 in the MA is not the place to 'learn' AH nor to teach it.

Man, it doesnt seem like he was doing this in prime time.... and if its early morning, maybe nobody was in the TA, to awser his newb questions.. Maybe he was from a country where 5am-8am EST his his prime time. So getting anwsers in the TA is hard to do. This game has a steep learning curve and at one time we were all "NEWBS" lighten up.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2004, 10:08:16 AM »
Sad to see the fun slowly seeping out of the game. I repeat game cuz thats what it is. Political correctness is at an all time high, meanwhile the right to free speech runs rampant on ch.1 (if u think sexually explicit talk and cursing is free speech). However the foulth mouths are careful to use and extra F or S in their curseword, as not to get muted. But GOD FORBID you play a harmless joke on a newb! Alt f4 is a right of passage for newbs, and a good laugh as well. Doesnt mean we dont like them or dont want them here. However the hitech wanna be's come on ch.1 and say I filmed that!!!I got a screen shot of this!!!!Your being reported!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH.....Did you get a screenshot of succubus saying Pu**y every 3 minutes?OR baba tellin everyone to F**k off everyday?I find this game starting to be an eery reflection of the state of our society today. AAAAAhhhh I feel better. Well now that Im off the soapbox, I love aces high and have a great time flying it.

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2004, 10:25:44 AM »
Skuzzy please bring the Prozac spray loadout for the C-47 some of these folk could use it :D
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline Monty405

• Copper Member
      • http://www3.sympatico.ca/carol.haynes/
I find it interesting...
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2004, 12:38:36 PM »
The strangler is still at large

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2004, 02:09:17 AM »
I tend to answer noob questions a lot, but I have NO @#%#$% tolerance for any lazy puke who downloads the game and immediately starts taking over channel 1 asking stupid questions that even a BRIEF perusal of manual would answer (how i start engine...how i lower gear...where is everybody, how do i arm sidewinders... WHY do you people keep shooting me? LET METAKE OFF YOU #@$%)....and so on. I  played with this game for a couple weeks offline before I ever started my 2 week thing
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2004, 02:18:03 AM »
I don't like answering noob ?'s in the MA... I'm usually trying to find/win a fight.  lately I've been spending some time each night in the TA.  No, I'm not a trainer... but even a rookie like me can answer SOME questions.

anecodote:  My first night in the TA a guy named EMI is in a spit9 about 2k over my spit V and says on range vox "You're dead Steve", and proceeds to dive on me.  I revved him and spent the next 5 mins spraying 303's into his 6 as he tried to shake me..... made it all worth while.  :D
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2004, 02:19:29 AM »
The "Let me take off you swines!!!!" and "Where are the Sidewinders??" are kinda funny....

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
I find it interesting...
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2004, 11:08:13 AM »
when I started, I DLd the game, proceded strait to the MA (thats the only place that had more than 5 pilots). Where I was promptly handed my arse while barely keeping my plane in the air. A mere 2 sorties like this & I soon realized-

I NEEDED TO LEARN TO FLY BEFORE ENTERING THE KILLING ARENA!

Many newbies do not have the same "respect" for the game & its established players.

I spent about 2 months in the TRAINING ARENA. what I did there was TRAIN. Asked questions, had dogfights-with other NEWBIES. Learned controls- ETC.

I often help people that seem to have done a lil homework, but the idiot that shows up askin a verage of "whats the best plane?" "how do I take off?" or "whats the fastest plane?" deserves no respect as they dont have any for the game (IMO).

A_Clown