Author Topic: Beta 19 Vehicle Bug Collection  (Read 373 times)

Offline Spork42

• Zinc Member
Beta 19 Vehicle Bug Collection
« on: March 30, 2004, 01:48:13 AM »
System specs:
P4 2.8(HT)
1GB PC3200
ATI Radeon 9800PRO 128MB Cat 3.9
EIDE 200GB 7200RPM
PCI Sound Blaster Audigy 2

AH2 Beta V1.9918

Note on "vibration" issue: this happens when a gun is pivoted all the way to the top or a side. Moving the gun along the pivot limit causes the gun to jump and jitter.

Example: M-3 gun vibrates top and bottom
The gun in the M-3, when elevated all the way OR depressed all the way, jumps and jitters when rotated directly left or right.

Vehicle: LVTA-2
Issues:
1. Instruments flicker when viewed from an angle.

(Note: This happens on all vehicles. Therefore, I will only report it once here. )

2. Gun positions #2 and #3 vibrate along the top.
3. Gun position #3 vibrates along the bottom .
4. Position #3 does not interrupt and can fire through the sides of the vehicle.

5. Troops can be dropped from any speed and they survive
6. If spawned at A71 using the [H] button, vehicle becomes stuck in the terrain and bounces. Sometimes it is possible to exit with .ef.

Vehicle: LVTA-4
Issues:
1. Gun positions #2 and #3 vibrate along the top and bottom.
2. Tracers, shots and craters are not visible through position #2 sight.
3. It is possible to depress gun position #4 down about 80 degrees. This makes the hull MG appear outside the tank.
4. It is possible to look outside the vehicle through the turret area from the driver's seat.

5. Gun #3 is not aligned with the view if the turret is rotated.

6. If spawned at A71 using the [H] button, vehicle becomes stuck in the terrain and bounces.

Vehicle: M-16 MGMC
Issues:
1. Tracers, shots, craters, icons not visible through position #2 gunsight.

2. A 1000lb bomb landed very close to this vehicle and neither the vehicle nor the crew sustained damage.

Vehicle: M-3
Issues:
1. This vehicle appears to be invulnerable. Strafing attacks, rockets, bombs do not cause any damage. About 5 rocket craters are off the right hand side of this image.

Visible in this image is an unrelated bug. There are two smoke sources floating in mid air. These seem to have been caused by a P-38 (Hyrax) making a rocket attack. The P-38 pilot verified that he could see the smoke sources floating in the air, too.

2. Gun position #2 vibrates along the top and bottom.

Offline Spork42

• Zinc Member
Beta 19 Vehicle Bug Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 01:49:14 AM »
Too many images? Only post once every 30 seconds? what a pain.

Continued:

Vehicle: M-8
Issues:
1. Position #2 does not have any crosshair or range markings. Tracers, shots, craters, icons are not visible through the sight.
2. Position #2 vibrates along the top.
3. The gunsight in the #2 position intersects a grey object when the turret is rotated approximately 15 degrees right from forwards relative to the tank body.

4. The gunsight in the #2 position intersects a grey object when the turret is rotated approximately 165 degrees left from forwards relative to the tank body. This is 180 degrees from issue #3.

5. Position #3 gun is not aligned with the view if the turret is rotated away from the exact forwards position.

Vehicle: Ostwind
Issues:
1. It is possible to rotate the turret so that the gun intersects the inside of the tank.

2. Position #2 gunsight has the same issues as the M-16 #2 gunsight.
3. Position #3 vibrates along the left and right. To reproduce this:
     Switch to #3 position.
     Aim the gun all the way left or right.
     Elevate or depress the gun while holding it all the way left or right.

Vehicle: Panzer IV
Issues:
1. Position #2 vibrates along the top.
2. Position #2 gunsight exhibits problems similar to the M-8 gunsight except range markings and crosshair are visible.
3. Position #3 gun is not aligned with the view if the turret is rotated.

4. Position #3 gun will not point 90 degrees to the left relative to the tank body. To reproduce this:
Switch to the #2 position.
Aim the main gun 180 degrees from forwards relative to the tank body.
Switch to the #3 position.
Rotate the #3 gun towards the left side of the tank.
The #3 gun will fire bullets in the correct direction but will not be facing the correct direction.

5. Position #4 gun vibrates along the top, left and right.

Vehicle: Tiger
Issues:
1. Position #2 gunsight exhibits similar problems to panzer position #2 gunsight.
2. Position #3 behaves the same as position #3 on the panzer.

3. Position #4 vibrates along the top, left and right.
4. If spawned from A71 using the [H] button, vehicle becomes stuck in the terrain and bounces.

Slightly Related General Issue:

Arena time: Approximately 0900.
My loadout: M-16 MGMC with 100% fuel.
Hyrax's loadout: P-38 with 1000lb bombs, rockets, 2000rounds MG, 50% fuel.

I was sitting in an M-16 MGMC with my engine off watching Hyrax in a P-38 make a rocket attack on me. At approximately 1.5k, Hyrax fired 4 rockets very fast and my Aces High crashed and asked if I'd like to send an error report.
A short time after this, Hyrax was making another attack run on me. When Hyrax was at 1.5k away from me, he disappeared and I got a kill credit even though I hadn't fired a shot. Hyrax logged back into the Aces High 2 Beta Arena and informed me that he had had a CTD. Hyrax had not fired anything and said that he was only adjusting his aim when he CTDd.