Author Topic: Task Groups  (Read 949 times)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Task Groups
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2004, 02:56:54 AM »
Originally posted by Squire
It also strikes me that there is much whining from folks who expect the F4U pilots to fly like complete morons, in circles, so the N1K2, A6M5 whatever can just close in and blow them into next week. Get real.

Don't get me wrong guys - wasn't a whine just trying to explain why you see most guys flying the Niki for the Japanese side.

It comes down to TACTICS.

It is SMART flying for the Corsairs (and to some extent the Hellcats) to do their boom and zoom flying. It plays to the strengths of thier aircraft and the weaknesses of the enemys.

On the same hand it also SMART tactics for the Japanese pilots to bunch their aircraft together. This makes the Allies come in close if they want a shot and thus it increases the chances of getting a shot at them or forcing them low where they can pile on before they can run.

SIMPLE TACTICS

Both sides (most of the time) fly smart and both sides play to win and shoot the other guys down. While this is both smart and historical flying - it makes for some boring flying you must admitt. Still that is the name of the game and the quality of opposition you are up against. You need to get used to it or move to the MA.

As for those that constantly "Pi$$ and Moan" about what the other side is doing, how they are flying, what aircraft they are flying or won't fly like they want them to - they have too much time on their hands IMHO.

:aok
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Task Groups
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2004, 03:29:41 AM »
Originally posted by Jester

As for those that constantly "Pi$$ and Moan" about what the other side is doing, how they are flying, what aircraft they are flying or won't fly like they want them to - they have too much time on their hands IMHO.

:aok

Well sure they do. I saw a fella log on tonight for 45 minutes ... beechin' and moanin' about how unfun it was to have to go into the other side's ack to try to vulch them or bounce them from above and how waiting for them to grab to coalt was boring him to tears and then heading back to his base, going on and on about how unfun everyone on the other side was making the game for him. He was still going on about it as I informed him that I was flying his way, I was out of ack, was alone and under his zeke and willing to give him the advantage he needed to have fun. And he got a kill. I gave him somewhat of a "your welcome" and he STILL wasn't happy. He logged a couple of minutes later.

I'm with you. Dunno why some of the more miserable souls even bother logging on at all.

It's good to see JG54 setting the example.

storch

Task Groups
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2004, 08:24:24 AM »
I'm jealous,  next time you attain that level of magnanimty please call so I cal log on.  my phone # is 1 800 867 5309 keep for a good time.

storch

Task Groups
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2004, 08:34:20 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Besides, its the P-38 that the Japs hated, not the F4Us! They did not call it the "Fork Tail Devil" for nothing!!!

er you got your good guys mixed up the maggiehawk