Author Topic: Want Historcal Arena ? Well, how about this ?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Want Historcal Arena ? Well, how about this ?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
Sokay, SW you can hold my hand We can get threw this together

NUTTZ

Originally posted by SeaWulfe:
So the only way to participate is as a squad?

If only I show up of my squad does that mean I have to fly solo or I can't fly at all?

I don't think I understand it correctly... but it does sound cool and fun.
-SW

Offline Seahawk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »

Originally posted by Li'l Snorkey:
Please don't make the mistake the Warbirds S3 team did, and make it Euro friendly !!! PLEASE !!!!

Eh Snorkey? you nutZ? why the hell not???  

Seahawk

[This message has been edited by Seahawk (edited 06-01-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2001, 05:34:00 PM »

Please don't make the mistake the Warbirds S3 team did, and make it Euro friendly !!! PLEASE !!!!

From the sound of things, there is no need to make it time zone specific.

I think it would be great if something like this was done in regards to the squad level, but it was kept as a military type setup.

Lets say you're a CO... you are given a mission that you have to carry out with a generic inteligence report.  You plan the mission and your squad executes it.

There may or may not be heavy opposition.  The enemy is given its own mission... perhaps CAP.  Then it plans patrols and such for the time frame they are on.

Everything else just runs its course.

Of course, something isn't going to happen every time you fly... but the great thing is that you never know what's coming and anything CAN happen.

I think that there should be no indication from the CMs on just what squads are participating until well into the "tour"... kinda on an inteligence release type setup.  People shouldn't always know what they are going up against or if they will be going up against anything.

Dunno.. but that seems like something that would hold my interest for one night a week.

I'd also like to see awards, reprimands and other various flight related things done too.  If someone does something that endagers his wingmen, it is noted.  If someone fails to stay in formation, it is noted.  If someone does something spectacular, it is noted.  None of this waiting until the end to see who as the most kills and is the winner.

Flight recordings for everyone on every sortie (gun cam) and panels to award kills.  That type of stuff.

AKDejaVu