Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
CHog
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2003, 07:15:14 AM »
Originally posted by simshell

it takes a smart pilot to fly a hog and come back alive

1 you must watch how much input on the stick pulling to hard at low speeds can cause the hog spin of death

3 the dive and roll of the hog is great
but it takes smart flying to use roll rate

I myself have found leaving combat trim turned off and having trimmed out in auto level flight (speed 200 to 250 mph). I can wrench more response from the  3 Hogs  even down to 100mph.  But with combat Trim turned on it gets wicked when slow and is more abrupt to spinning.

Roll rate is your friend use it to turn, it saves more E

and don't forget them flaps are ya friend too, when going defensive!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
CHog
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2003, 07:33:06 AM »
i have manual trimm programed on my throttle and i am trimming manually none stop while flying

my advice: NEVER use combat trim

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
CHog
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2003, 10:17:02 AM »
Also make note, the F4U-1 is the only f4u version that u can burn the seperate tanks independently, the other 3 versions only have main tank after DT's are used/dropped

The Hog can surprise the unaware attacker with its fast E-Bleeding,  practice your scissoring technique with  someone in TA or dueling Arena.  let them get on your 6 and start scissoring using flaps/gear to bleed speed watch em fly right by and come across ya guns. ( note only use gear if ya really fast to start, or it might bleed to much too fast)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC