Author Topic: Shane - 'nother film to critique  (Read 942 times)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Shane - 'nother film to critique
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 08:04:29 PM »
Shane I specifically said your a good stick but have a chitty attitude.  Which isn't something new and I've said it to you in the past before.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 08:30:07 PM »
lol, relax.  i could care less. :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 08:53:24 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Shane I specifically said your a good stick but have a chitty attitude.  

:D   That stuff makes ya chat a lot and messes with your memory, huh?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 10:14:22 PM »
cue Freud
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 04:47:16 AM »
lol..Thanks for reminding me Jackal...Really don't matter to me either way.  Still think it regardless.  Good stick and yeah a pos as far as attitude is concerned.  Not gonna sit here and kiss his or anyone elses arse.  Call it as I see it.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 05:21:04 AM »
ROFL
  Take a valium, nobody cares.
  Was it the cheese or the anise that worked the magic?
 I gotta know what to put on the survey.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 09:52:46 AM »
Okay, I finally watched the film.  I have a couple of comments for Waffle and Cobra.

First, Waffle's high yo-yos weren't really working out as well as he'd intended.  I was watching his speed and alt in the film viewer, and at the end of each one of them he wound up slower than Cobra and a little bit closer in altitude.  Had he continued with that strategy, Cobra would have equalized energy states by the time they hit the deck.  Going aggressive near the end and maintaining a good position on Cobra was essential to winning or at least to starting out with an advantage in the scissors.

Cobra did very well for being in such a difficult position.  I saw a few things I would have done differently in the scissors; at one point he rolled back into Waffle's guns after doing a nice job of dodging them on a previous reverse.  

BTW, Shane, I think it's clear that Cobra has chosen the Tao of Shane.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2004, 09:54:55 AM »

There can be only One!!

;)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2004, 11:09:55 AM »
I'm far from a "vet" but I would have thrown out the gear and chopped the throttle on the first pass. MOST P-51 pilots have no idea how well their plane can turn, when I run into the few that DO know how well it can turn I die, but that is rare. Also, right there at the end when the 109 was diving on you, I'd have tried for a reversal or an overshoot instead of diving away since there was at one point a 200mph difference..

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2004, 11:29:34 AM »
It's rather sad when three P-51s fight a lone P-40, two having an altitude advantage. One dies, a second is all but dead and the third hightails it for home, probably without enough gas to get there..... But, this is what the MA has become. Hordes of nervous shed bombers who run as soon as they feel even slightly challenged.
LOL, while reading your post I could't help to think the same.  Three 51s, one P40 why they didn't just stay and fight and die like men, instead they choose to die like running dogs.  radishs it's a potato peeling game.

And, a big Bronx cheer to those three Mustang drivers who couldn't fight their way out of a nursing home restroom with a bazooka.
LOLHROTFFPMS.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2004, 03:44:41 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I'm far from a "vet" but I would have thrown out the gear and chopped the throttle on the first pass. .

Ehh...  Your looking at VERY slow merge,  what happens if your fighting an E fighter?  You would have 1 snapshot,  if that,  and your pretty much done..  He could BnZ you to death.  

Now for example if you know your opponent,  and you know his tactics,  that could possibly work,  since he could be be doing the same thing as you..

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2004, 09:57:57 PM »
I never said it was smart, or a good idea....just what I would have done. :D