Author Topic: Your work day...  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Your work day...
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2005, 12:12:44 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
You must be a retard if you could not figure out that I'm American by my posts.

And Voss shot down two Mig's and was bitten by a scorpion. :rofl

You fibber, you.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Your work day...
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2005, 12:19:06 AM »
I... think... he's actually trying...!
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Your work day...
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2005, 01:15:56 AM »
2315hrs, walk over to shower tent and take care of the three S's.
Walk back to "home" tent, dress up in nifty uniform and body armor for walk over to the work center..
Spend the next 12-14hrs doing what I do, thankful for good internet conx during lull's.
Sometime after 1200hrs, granted there are no details scheduled, head back to "home" tent, change, and think about hitting the "Gym" tent, or read a book, or break out the laptop for a game or two of Ghost Recon, or maybe just crash.  
Rinse and repeat.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Your work day...
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2005, 02:31:56 AM »
I'm a contractor, Analyst/Dev currently working for the EC

07:00 wake up (sort of)
07:30 wake up again, crawl to the coffee machine, shower, etc...
08:30 out of the house, get into traffic jam
09:30 Get in the office, pour double expresso...check emails/voicemails
I then 1st check if the applications we wrote are up & working, see if there are no errors in the logs.
The rest of the day is usualy a mix (depends at what point of the project we are)
-I either write the documentations of the applications we will be building (blech)
-I code the app (less than I would like)
-Scream on the DBA because he forgot a field :angry:
-I attend various meetings, some of them are interesting, some are less...to those I manage to sit next to a nice secretary if i can ;)
-more meetings
I get to leave around 18ish... run to the pub or home, depends of the day :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Your work day...
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2005, 04:02:11 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
why is that creamo?

That, and you never impress me on the BBS with your posts, and I always thought your were from like Norway and 21 years old drinking 9% beer when you post.  Turns out it was some other guy I mixed you up with. You are like 40, and American?

oh oooHHoooHoHoooOOO wOOt!! :confused: :lol

huh?

thx

storch

Your work day...
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2005, 07:20:10 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
As the initial thread topic boomerangs and then goes ballistic, rock on, but I gotta just ask because I kinda knew this question going it. A few guys here don’t actually work, are retired, successful enough to just pick up checks, or maybe just work from home. Maybe it’s a whole new thread, but at 37, I could not imagine NOT going to work. Could you?

As much as a pain in the bellybutton it is to get up on your Monday after a fun weekend off and go into work, it still reminds me of High School. We are all basically the same age, make the same, and therefore it’s a 5 times a week excuse to hang out and bull****, make plans for the weekend, rant, *****, laugh, joke, and gossip like old ladies in a coffee shop with 5 or 10 good dudes. I have at times more fun goofing on each other at work or fixing something I felt good about, than a day at home off dicking with a computer.  Somewhere in those 40 hours, you also do stuff that makes a difference and the weekend twice as relevant and appropriate to you letting go when you get outta there. Now when I'm 65? Ok. Load the Nascar tour RV, but now it just seems no good.

That’s why I don’t play the lottery. I’d be dead in a year if I won. Pry why I have to punch a clock, as I have no vision to succeed, or the intellect that would provide me with enough success to sit at home comfortably, and not go completely insane.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.  Work is necessary, in my case if work didn't exist I would have to create it.  However work is much more fun when you;

1. enjoy what you do
2. enjoy the company of your work mates

Work is best when you don't need to work but choose to work.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Your work day...
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2005, 07:38:14 AM »
Creamo, try your hand at art, painting, drawing etc if you're so inclined.  You may be surprized what you can do.  And it's never too late to start.  Many successful artists started after retirement from regular jobs.  One thing about it, you'll never be bored and may even have some success.  Good luck!!!  

Les

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Your work day...
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2005, 05:58:11 PM »
Creamo almost took Superfly's and Natedog's jobs once.  Anybody save those images?

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Your work day...
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2005, 06:02:10 PM »
Originally posted by 2stony
Then the Colorado system must be one bad arse place. Try walking on the other side and see if your statistics come out the same as you quoted. I'm betting they don't.

At least you can say your job isn't boring.

~>->o

;)

CO is bad. Texas is worse. Illinois is right up there.

I don't know what you mean by "walking on the other side"--here's another frightening, relatively unknown statistic: over 80% of the prison population has one variety or the other of hepatitis. Groovy, eh?

....and no, I'm never bored. Potential danger has a way of keeping your head on a swivel.

h

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Your work day...
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2005, 07:03:57 PM »
Originally posted by Saintaw

I get to leave around 18ish... run to the pub or home, depends of the day :)

Damm it .. first time i read your post i saw...

I get laid around 18ish .....

SAWITO !! :D

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Your work day...
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2005, 01:25:06 AM »
Sorry mate, I'm not interested in knowing about your sex life ;)

I'll be late this morning, that's for sure... but it's ok, I saw my boss in a bar last night (Lululand is VERY small) he was more pissed than I was :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Your work day...
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2005, 08:38:40 AM »
Originally posted by Octavius
 I BS with the Creamos...

What's a Creamo?