Author Topic: Gun convergence  (Read 440 times)

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Gun convergence
« on: April 24, 2005, 02:01:28 PM »
Hi guys
I have followed the step by step guide on netaces.org and I still do not see lines converging at the distance I am trying to set.
I press esc to lose the map, and move the mouse to say 350, no lines appear and when i move back the distance changes as I move.
I have tried clicking the left/right mouse button to  set distance.
Is there a dot command? Is it my software/hardware?
Cheers
Big G

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
Gun convergence
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »
Well i'll give you one tool for seeiin if it works..  Type  .target 350  this will put a target out 350 yards in front of you and you can see if your bullets are converging.  By the way the 350 can be changed to any distnace you like and the target will be co-alt north of you when flying.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Gun convergence
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 02:46:42 PM »
Originally posted by Big G
Hi guys
I have followed the step by step guide on netaces.org and I still do not see lines converging at the distance I am trying to set.
I press esc to lose the map, and move the mouse to say 350, no lines appear and when i move back the distance changes as I move.
I have tried clicking the left/right mouse button to  set distance.
Is there a dot command? Is it my software/hardware?
Cheers
Big G

The mouse cursor has a tendency to drag the covergence +'s all over the place. Once I set convergence I try and pull the mouse off to the right at a 90 degree angle. That should leave the distance set for you.

Yucca, is correct you can see where the bullets are hitting. You north and go level. Adjust as necessary. One thing. To get rid of the target you use the dot command .target 0 where zero is the distance and it will disppear.

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Gun convergence
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 02:57:37 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
The mouse cursor has a tendency to drag the covergence +'s all over the place. Once I set convergence I try and pull the mouse off to the right at a 90 degree angle. That should leave the distance set for you.

Yucca, is correct you can see where the bullets are hitting. You north and go level. Adjust as necessary. One thing. To get rid of the target you use the dot command .target 0 where zero is the distance and it will disppear.

Thanks Guys for the info.
Hey Dammned, tried the 109g10, I am not yet technical enough to try and fly that anywhere near what it should be flown at. To be honest, I have a great attachment for the spits/seafires. Running with the IX for now as I remember one of your earlier threads RE: carrying the drop tank with 50% fuel. Ok, I know I will probably get shot down a lot more as I can't zip of into the sunset, but it will teach me to fight and think. If you know of any senior guys that like to fly the spit then can you let me know? I want to spend time in the TA going over ACM with someone so I can learn .
Cheers
Big G

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Gun convergence
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 03:23:40 PM »
I'll help ya in the TA and when you feel ready we can wing in the MA. I don't care what I fly. They're all fun :)

The reason for the 1/2 tank + DT is because 1/2 a tank is a fair fighting weight and you will prolly run outa ammo by the time you get to 1/4 tank. A 1/4 tank will get you home with np's. When you get the Spit 9 wired I'd suggest you move to a Yak. It has a lot of speed, maintains it's energy well, turns well and will climb all day long at 230 with a roc 2.5 to around 15k. But more on that later as it has shortcomings, like a small ammo load and somewhat short legs. You will need to practice shooting in the 9 before you transition to the yak but itsa sweet next step.

Ned or Ren...whatever :)