Author Topic: Karnak may have been right after all  (Read 347 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Karnak may have been right after all
« on: May 09, 2005, 12:26:09 PM »
Something does indeed seem amiss with the T-34's main gun.  I was in the MA last night and parked inside an enemies hanger, basically camping their VH (yes, I camped it...now get over it).  An enemy T-34 popped up and we exchanged at least four rounds at point blank range and didn't even damage each other.  Than an enemy Panzer-IV creeps around a building 8 or 9 hundred yards a way and pops me on the second shot.  Mind you, I was shooting at that enemy T-34 from his rear, not his front armor.  While gv action has been somewhat lacking in the CT, I believe I will go ahead and enable the Pnzr-IV for the Red Army when I get home from work today.  T-34 still seems better armored than the P-IV, but that only means you die a little slower.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 12:47:56 PM »
Think it's something about being in the vh. I upped a panzer yesterday just as our field was captured, figured I'd be a dweeb and hang out in the vh waiting to surprise the unsuspecting.

Tiger comes around the corner and parks - I pop off 2 or 3 shots at point blank range - puffs of dirt but nothing more. He re-ups and reverses, same story only this time he fires and also raises dust only. After he backs away a little more, he fires again and I die.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 02:40:48 PM »
Today in the MA I hit an LVT2 point blank in the side and rear 6 times with the T-34 gun and no damage that I could see. T-34 is a total POS.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 05:42:24 PM »
T-34 is in no way a threat to a Tiger unless he's the bait for someone better armed.