Author Topic: Gun Rights Refresher Course  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Gun Rights Refresher Course
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2000, 09:31:00 AM »
Yep, Rip.

A tough thing to do. I found a vet that would let me do the shot myself. Carried her outside the vet office under a small group of pines, just me and her.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2000, 10:30:00 AM »
C'mon AKDJ, I was as tasteless as you, but maybe your gun give you more rights to be tasteless than me, or maybe your passport.

BTW, reading the last few posts, I have a hint for NateDOG :

Hurry up with your work on 1.05!!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2000, 10:33:00 AM »

Originally posted by Toad:
Yep, Rip.

A tough thing to do. I found a vet that would let me do the shot myself. Carried her outside the vet office under a small group of pines, just me and her.

Hmm, great vet!  My buddy of late is 9 years old, retired him from hunting at age 6, his hips are doing great, he should live alittle longer, but I may have to look for one of those vets you speak of.

BTW, I buried "Tony" in my hunting jacket that he used to curl up on and sleep when we finished a hard day's hunt.  God bless his soul.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2000, 10:34:00 AM »
Really Naso?  What about my post was actually tasteless?  I can get specific about yours.. you know that part where you said:  
You do the same when your childrens have some little disease?

If you can't see the difference between my story about having to decide wether or not to put my dog down and what you said here.. then I truly feel sorry for you.

AKDejaVu

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2000, 10:38:00 AM »
Rip,

I just convinced my regular vet that had looked after her for years.

He put an IV ( i guess) in a vein in her foreleg and all I had to do was inject the solution through the rubber cap into the IV cup.

It took me a while to convince him that I knew what to do and that I could do it right.

He hung back aways on standby but there's no real trick to it.

I had that pup from her 49th day until 11 1/2 years later. I figure I owed it to her; as you said, no room for strangers when the time comes. It's time for mutual respect and mercy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2000, 10:39:00 AM »
Hey Rip.. my mother-in-law just had to put her yellow lab down.  She had never liked pets but the dog came with the house.  She lived there alone and eventually learned just what excellent companions dogs could be.. especially labs.

When the dog turned 13, he was no longer able to walk.  She couldn't bring herself to take him to the vets office because he'd start shaking whenever she pulled up there.  In the end, the vet gave her the shot to give him and she did it at home.

Explain to a vet that your only two options are to shoot it or give it an injection.. neither are going to happen in his office.  Usually they will help you out.

AKDejaVu