Author Topic: For those following the WWIIO saga...  (Read 900 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
For those following the WWIIO saga...
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2005, 05:58:37 AM »
Originally posted by -aper-
I would like to see MO, Caligula and some other guys from CRS joining the HTC team.

From my naive perspective it would make great sense for HTC to gain experience from a game like WWIIOL to improve the ground aspect of AH, i love the ground war in WWIIOL, its blows AH's out the water, but then again... AH is on a different planet to WWIIOL in terms of air war and fun factor!

I suppose that AH aims to be the flight sim whilst wwiiol aims the do the ground war, if AH could get a bit of that GV war into AH, with wwiiol crumbling, HTC could open themselves up to potentially thousands more subscribers.

I'm sure HTC know whats going on at CRS and thought about all this long ago :)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2005, 09:41:14 AM »
Originally posted by Cabby44
Superfly:

If you could READ and COMPREHEND, i responded HERE to the the moronic GLEE some people HERE take over the difficulties of WWIIOL(and OTHER GAME PRODUCERS) and the recent LAYOFFS.  I think that SUX.  I think that attiude is STUPID.  COMPRENDE??  

If you, as you say, READ AGW, just CHECK the DIFFERENCE in repsonses to the bad news about WWIIOL and the PEOPLE(some of whom i have talked to online many times, some in person, some i PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH every week) who USED to WORK there for a LIVING to the general NASTINESS posted at THIS BBS towards both WARBIRDS and WWIIOL.  

Not only do AH'ers post their NEGATIVE DRIVEL here, but they do it at AGW AS WELL.  That too, SUX.  COMPRENDE???

I didn't say ONE WORD about the GAME ACES HIGH, which i happen to think is A GREAT GAME.  A game SUPERIOR to WB's 2.77 but, IMHO, not FOR ME at THIS TIME.   But the ATTITUDE of your PLAYER BASE sometimes leaves MANY of we WARBIRDS/AIR WARRIOR/WWIIOL ETC. PLAYERS gasping.  Why are they SO NASTY  and so QUICK to RUN-DOWN OTHER GAMES AND DEVELOPERS???  This turns many potential AH CUSTOMERS OFF.

Many POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS of YOUR company would like to see a more MATURE attitude in the AH ARENA, and maybe a DIFFERENT DIRECTION in GAMEPLAY than the one Aces High is currently embarked upon.  BUT, that doesn't mean Aces High isn't a GREAT GAME.  Nor does it mean that OTHER GAMES aren't as GREAT A GAME as Aces High.  They are just DIFFERENT.

I post here in the "OFF TOPIC"(which i assume means UNCENSORED) AH BBS because i have ALWAYS considered myself a POTENTIAL customer of HTC.  I don't POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS about AH in the AH MAIN BBS because that's STUPID, and UN-CALLED FOR.  I LIKE Aces HIgh.  If some of the morons who posted in this thread don't WANT me as CUSTOMER of HTC, i couldn't care less.  They can kiss my ass.

HOWEVER, if YOU think i should take my OPINIONS(and by inference, MY MONEY) elsewhere, then perhaps i should RECONSIDER.....

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU, SUPERFLY???

Cabby

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Cabby44 ]

You're just another handsomehunk on the internet...you do have some neato typing skills though.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2005, 10:07:26 AM »
Didn't that bait taste bit old?

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2005, 10:15:35 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
Didn't that bait taste bit old?

LOL
thats must a new BBS sport, chating with people from the past ;)
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2005, 12:09:04 PM »
Is this an internet seance we are all invited to?

Shame about WWIIOL. I unsubbed last month. The time required to fun returned ratio was just too high.

Bring on ToD.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.