Author Topic: The concrete thing SUCKS!!!!!!!!  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
The concrete thing SUCKS!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2007, 02:10:03 PM »
what jaxxo said...you can land on the auto gun if ya want...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2007, 02:31:25 PM »
Originally posted by Flame 2 the boy
if the the feild then becomes a giant landing strip...it wouldnt change much.if a pilot has enough skil to land his plane dead stick than shouldnt he get a confirmed landing?

Thats just my opinion, but i find it hard to believe that every pilot in WWII always landed on the runway.

Flameboy

i cant stop watching your avatar, love it, the animation style has a very subtle yet technicaly detailed effect. did you make it or find it? great job if you made it.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2007, 02:44:21 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
i had 12 kills in a P51 the other day.

it was more satisfying to turn round and lose to a spit16 trying for my 13th kill than landing the 12 and getting WTGs from people.

I call BS.

You have 30 kills in the 51D to 11 deaths. Hardly a record that instills us with belief in a 12 kill sortie.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2007, 02:51:06 PM »
It's been on the 'Net for ages Bat. I've seen it for a while, here and there. I always liked it. I also like the stick man fighting ones with the kendo or kenpo or whatever (the stickmen using sticks to fight).

Oh, and....

<-- (*cough*12inaC202*cough*)

(*looks at Hornet innocently*)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2007, 03:15:51 PM »
WTG Krusty on the 12 in a C205. I've never claimed to be an uber stick so 10 for me was pretty dang good, even though I was hitting the re-arm pad to do it.

My personal best is 9 in a P-47D-40, all air to air, and landed them.

And Jaxxo, I was in the process of RTB'ing with one egg left over when I saw someone spawn a Flack. I turned around and went back for him and that took a couple of minutes to get lined up for a good drop. Checked E6B on final and had 1 minute of gas left. Figured it would be enough but like I said, 5ft short.

O'well, it was just frustrating is all.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2007, 03:35:49 PM »
^--- quick correction, that's 12 in the 202

new record for me (10 being as much as I could get previously, in any aircraft).

Usually when I'm in that situation I'll ditch the bomb and rearm. Better to have full gas and get 2-3 more kills than to get 1 more kill and end up ditching. That's just the way I think, though. I pull up e6b and have it up 50% of the time I'm flying. I'm very concious of fuel levels, for some unknown reason.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2007, 03:37:26 PM »
I'm usualy the same way with fuel, in this case though I got greedy and it cost me.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2007, 03:38:32 PM »
I've noticed the hellcats have short legs anyways... Never liked that about them. Would be nice to get a centerline DT and 2 pylon bombs. It had this in the war, but it isn't modeled in AH.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2007, 09:30:21 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
where else would you draw the line?

if they changed it so that you could land kills anywhere on the airfield 'terrain tile' then people would complain when they ditch just short of this target.

The tarmac thing, in my opinion, is quite silly.

The line does have to be drawn somewhere and I think that line would be better drawn at the airfield boundry.

If i coped a ditch because fell short of the entire field..... fair enough. It would just seem a little bit more realistic than the concrete thing.

Sure, you'd have a few dweebs belly-landing all over the place (which would be rather funny to watch from the tower from time to time), but really.... If one were to return from combat and land somewhere other than the designated landing area your superior officer would hardly say
"Oh, you missed the landing zone by 2 feet, your kills don't count son, sorry."

I suppose that arguement could also be applied by missing the airfield too.... but seriously... who ever does that? It would just seem that missing the runway beacuse you blacked out just after you touched down perfectly on the concrete while dead-stick and were unable to keep the aircraft on the runway during said black-out is a little silly.

Also... while we're discussing this...why would a gear-up landing on the concrete be a ditch? Isn't a ditch being 'forced out of combat by an opponent in a state unfit to return to base?'

That is how I understand it.

If anything, a gear up landing on concrete (or anywhere on the field, in my opinion) would be a crash landing if anything, which is a landing none the less.

As far as I understand, ditching means putting the aircraft down somewhere and having to leave it behind..... behind enemy lines or 15 miles from a bases  etc.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline stockli

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 12:57:30 AM »
lets just make it easier to get to rearm pads.

the pathway to it is a bit narrow, no?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 01:15:33 AM »
Originally posted by Xasthur
T If one were to return from combat and land somewhere other than the designated landing area your superior officer would hardly say
"Oh, you missed the landing zone by 2 feet, your kills don't count son, sorry."

When reading this and other similar postings in this thread I get the impresseion that people do not know that you do not lose your kills just because you ditched. They DO count both for stats as well as score purposes. The only things reduced are score points & perks. And of course, no WTFG for landing 2 kills - and that is probably the biggest issue to many people ;)

So do not make landing easier. If you don`t make it back to the runway, you made an error somewhere. Try again!
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 01:59:22 AM »
Originally posted by Xasthur
Also... while we're discussing this...why would a gear-up landing on the concrete be a ditch?

If anything, a gear up landing on concrete (or anywhere on the field, in my opinion) would be a crash landing if anything, which is a landing none the less.

But it sure aint a successfull landing......

we have

Landed successfully (pilot and plane can be used almost immediately)
Ditched (pilots survived but plane cannot be used for some time) unless also captured
Bailed(pilot survived plane lost) unless also captured
Crashed (pilot and plane lost)

we dont have crashed landing........

go ask HT which (given only those options) he would consider a successful landing in his RV

land on a grass..................or remove his undercarraige and prop and the integrity of his fuselage on the runway
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:02:28 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 03:19:46 AM »
"A good landing is one that you can walk away from. A great landing is one where you can use the airplane again." :lol  ((c) unknown)

You dont loose anything but silly kill message and little amount of bonus perks if you ditched. But if you actually want that message so bad, do some work for it, dammit.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou