Author Topic: Questions regarding Joystick setup  (Read 459 times)

Offline all5x

• Zinc Member
Questions regarding Joystick setup
« on: March 14, 2007, 06:36:59 PM »
I am setting up my CH fighterstick, CH Pro throttle, and Pro rudder pedals. Some questions I have for setting things up are:?

1.   How many Axes does this sim support, or how many do I need?...

2.   Does AH support multiple devices, or just one. Must I combine devices or map them direct?.....

3. How can I get in touch with a trainer for some helpful tips?...

Any input would be appreciated,    "You folks  are gonna tire of me with all these posts"... !!!!!!   :-(

ALL5X
ALL5X 
III/JG2 Richthofen  MA

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 12:13:09 AM »
Yes, AH supports multiple controller devices.  You do not have to combine them.  I use CH Control Manager to set all 3 as one device, but its not required.

AH has a top notch in game control mapper, and IMO you can get best functionality by using AH to actually map the functions of your controls and buttons.

I have it set so that the stick X & Y, the throttle slider and mini-stick, the pedals and toe brake sliders are all as availble axis's.  The only axis I have turned off is the built in throttle wheel on the stick.

At the Trainers Site you'll find "get training" links to help you hook up with one of us.

Offline Wizkid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 12:24:27 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
.... The only axis I have turned off is the built in throttle wheel on the stick....

Yes, but why not use the Throttle Wheel as RPM Control? Comes in very handy.
Thatīs how I do it. :aok

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »
I have the throttle castle button for that function.

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »
I have the same CH setup, and have the controllers mapped direct.  The buttons and hats are configured to provide the key presses as defined in the AH2 defaults.

The Control Manager software gives some additional benefits over mapping everything in AH2.  For instance, you can't map a SHIFT function in AH2 to let each button do 2 different functions.  The CM software also allows programming macros, such as setting salvos, or canned radio responses.

Offline all5x

• Zinc Member
Joystick set-up
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 02:46:01 PM »
Good idea to use CH throttle wheel for RPM setting. I've pretty much mapped everything I need, but cannot get the wheel brakes to function on the CH Pro rudder. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. ???
ALL5X 
III/JG2 Richthofen  MA

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
Just in case you overlooked it - Every axis needs calibration including the brakes. You can re-calibrate the toe brake axis on their own if you want, so I would start there as it will also show you that moving them alters the axis values!. If they work but "Bite" too hard when you use them, select the advanced option and scale the input so they are not to harsh when you apply a little brake.

Finally of course you have to assign or "Map" the axis to Toe Brakes like any other axis. You can forget about the trying to map C or V to them as those are keyboard commands for brakes and not the "axis" version.

Offline all5x

• Zinc Member
Joystick profiles
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 09:43:07 AM »
Thanks for the tip on Wheel brake calibration, it worked.  !!!!  Flew on-line last night, so far stick and set up work very well together..

ALL5X
ALL5X 
III/JG2 Richthofen  MA