Author Topic: Landing all 3  (Read 461 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Landing all 3
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:24:40 AM »
How do you land all 3 Bombers, I can land one but lose the other 2 when I lower the gear:cry
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Landing all 3
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 07:18:55 AM »
Keep your airspeed under 150 ias when deploying gear. Allow sufficient time on your final approach to bleed that speed. I usually drop a notch or two of flaps as well.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Landing all 3
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 07:46:06 AM »
Takes a good approach, setup a nice glide to the threshold. The longer you wait to drop gear & flaps the longer the drones will stay in formation. However once you get below 500 feet they will start drifting above you.

Normally drones will push ahead of you as your flaps, gear drop, then as theirs drop the will slide back into a line formation. Normally touching down just a bit before you touch down, but behind you. So it helps if you aim a bit farther down the runway. Instead of aiming for touchdown near the threshold, aim for half way down the runway. That will leave more runway behind you for them.  Once stopped look around with F3 view and you'll see they are just back behind you. Once on the ground they will no longer follow you. They park it just where they stopped.

For practise try the Ki-67 or Bostons, both are much more nimble, easier to takeoff, roll around the pattern and drop em back down to land again.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Approach Angle
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 10:14:01 AM »
Use your Twist and opposite alairon, it will slow your speed, and keeping your drones close onece near the base about 2k up, 150 ais, lower gear, the bombers will go to their respected landing position around 500ft.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Landing all 3
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »
Personally I come in gear up at about 150mph and 200feet agl or so with a notch of flaps. Just as I cross the runway threshold I go full throtle and lower the gear.
Soon as the gear drops the drones go into landing mode and the little extra speed from going full throttle lets them land and sort of taxi or roll onto the runway. Soon as I see them touchdown I chop throtle and land the lead bomber.

If you have already lost a drone simply make an approach to put the drone over the runway, drop gear so it'll land on the runway and then shimmy the lead over the runway for its landing.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54