Author Topic: "Euros Accepted" signs pop up in New York City  (Read 792 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
"Euros Accepted" signs pop up in New York City
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 04:25:09 PM »
a weak USD, means US products cost less to other countries, US then exports more products, that means more jobs for Americans and more profit for US companies.

Imports will cost more, that means less imports and a better balance of trade.

also means that more foreign tourists will come to florida and spend their euros.  Ya'll come back again, have a nice day. :D

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 04:27:38 PM »
Originally posted by bsdaddict
I've no doubt that foreigners love a weak US dollar.  Maybe I should have been more precise, how's a weak (and getting weaker) dollar good for America?

It's not, hence the reason you will start seeing more places charge in Euro's online. The dollar isn't stable right now and that's bad for us. Considering we have gone from a nation of producing to a nation of consuming, it's eventually going to hit us hard.

If we were still a producing nation having a lower dollar value would be a good thing. However we are now a nation of consumers and depend on imported goods much more than we ever have. As the dollar drops it costs us more and more to import those goods. That means prices of goods here in this country will start going up. The dollar will buy less and less even here in the US.
"strafing"

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 04:34:39 PM »
john, you still haven't answered my question.  How's a weak dollar a good thing?  Maybe you'd like to help him with this one, Mac?

Sorry was busy..

Look yer Ron Paul is the one believing that an Isolated America is the best thing.  Son, before you rant yer Ron Paul crap think.. THINK HARD ... Would isolating America be the best thing?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:39:31 PM by AWMac »

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Re: "Euros Accepted" signs pop up in New York City
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 04:43:28 PM »
nothing to see here, just me tilting at windmills, move along...  :huh [/B]

Yep... just a Troll posting.

*swims away*

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Considering we have gone from a nation of producing to a nation of consuming,  

the united states is tied for second place in world wide steel production.

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 05:05:25 PM »
didn't want to answer the question, eh Mac?  

well, I'll answer yours...  No, I don't think isolating America would be a good, and definitely not the best, thing to do.  But, neither I nor Ron Paul advocate isolationism, we advocate non-interventionism.  Can you even conceive a middle ground between a) walling ourselves off from the rest of the world and b) being involved in military conflicts around the globe, meddling in the internal affairs of other countries?  Non-interventionism is not the same thing as isolationism.  Non-interventionism just takes the military option out of the equation, except as a last resort.  We still trade with other nations, exchange cultural ideas, travel to and accept visitors from other countries, etc, etc...  We just don't use our military to influence the internal affairs of other sovereign nations.