Author Topic: Your favorite vulch  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2001, 04:25:00 PM »
Shelling the ack on a field from a couple miles out.  I see an arado land and taxi to the rearm pad.
I adjust fire twice, then land an HE shell near enough that the plane breaks a wing and starts burning.  Instead of fleeing the kerosene torce and saving his perkies, the poor sap just sits there.  So I put another HE shell on him.
As it hangs in the air for an eternity I keep wondering "Is he going to exit plane?"
The shell splashes and the arado is consumed in a fireball.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
My second favorite also happened in Tour14.

It was slightly off hours and the rooks were hitting the bish pretty hard.  SOB and I were at a base defending, but were facing overwhelming odds.  We were both getting shot down repeatedly by the endless horde that always had alt.

Our CV was near the base, and I launched from it in a DHog.  SOB was still at the field in an Ostwind, but things were tough for him as every plane in the area was cannon armed.

I knew I couldn't get above the horde, so I climbed to 2k and leved off with WEP trying to build as much speed as possible.  When I arrived at the field, there were 3 higher cons and one lower.  He was landing... at our field!

One of the higher planes dove in behind me, but couldn't catch me in time.  I creamed the poor guy landing at the field just out of shear spite.  It turns out it was one of the top 5 overall scoring pilots.  Boy was he upset

AKDejaVu

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2001, 04:42:00 PM »
Well I was one of those poor bastards Cit got on the runway drop  

My favourite vulch... well it wasn't a 'vulch' at a field, but they were low and slow from picking on a poor lil Spit V

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
LOL Deja, he sure was pissed!  How DARE you shoot him while he's landing . . . at our field!  Had you spared him, he surely would have been tasting 37mm.  

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2001, 09:13:00 PM »
  Love that screen shot Vulcan.

-Westy

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2001, 02:18:00 AM »
WOW Frenchy...that's... Disco!

Saw
[Mass]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
My favorite Vulch.
Got him liftin' off from some crippled kid's rooftop to boot.

OH MY!  

------------------
"ASSASSINS have BIGGER Joysticks!"

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
Not exactly a vulch per se but I never let them get an even foothold.  

A week ago, SkViper and I decide to try to take a base on our lonesome.  We fly over to some base and get engaged by a couple of planes.  One manages to nick Vipe and he RTBs after killin the other.  I continue on and find a low spit huggin the ack.  I make a pass on him and kill him.  On the way down I make a pass on a few ack.

Vipe radios and asks whats needed so I reply just bring an M3.  

I see another spit rolling and on my way in, I take out a few more ack and kill the spit.  By this time, a Tiffy is rolling so I loop over and nail the tiff.  On my egress, I take out a few more ack.  The tiff rolls again and as I come back in, I remove the last few ack and pull high in time to see another spit rolling from the field.

I begin to grab alt keeping an eye on the Tiff and the Spit.  About this time, I see Vipe's M3 about 5 minutes E of the base rolling in.  Knowing that if I were to continually kill these bastages they would get frustrated and up in Osties, I begin to make non-firing passes just to keep the line baited.

I swoop down on one to see the other engage and then would evade one to see the other engage.    All this time while these guys were trying to kill me, Vipe keeps rolling the M3 in.  

End of story, Vipe manages to sneak an M3 into a base that I was vulching...er capping  

-Ding

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2001, 11:43:00 PM »
Favorite Vulch.......

Back in Early Beta...Nov. '99.

Maniac was dragging 5 or 6 cons through the canyons and they all over him.  I got lucky enough to stumble onto them.

Anyway, Maniac did an absolute superb job of setting them up, and we bagged all of 'em, without scratching the paint one bit!  

We weren't on RW together, and I don't think we even typed anything to each other until after it was over, but we both anticipated each other's moves and cleaned em up.

I still think about that sortie from time to time.

Cobra

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Your favorite vulch
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2001, 02:29:00 AM »
Rocket kills of B-26's attempting to car bomb M3's. Endless joy like no other!

Ackstar B-17's attempting to launch come in a close second.

------------------
Voss
13th TAS