Author Topic: The Place NOT To Be This Weekend  (Read 536 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Place NOT To Be This Weekend
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 01:53:20 AM »
This probably makes me a race traitor, but I really like Taco Mayo. I think that makes me cosmopolitan.

-Sik

Not really.. Hillary says there's a new job for Tom Morrow.

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2008, 11:54:24 AM »
Thats like they took away fireworks in Wise County Park or well Lake Bridgeport then told us we could not pop them in our yards last year. Since the County took over the park its went down hill. It used to be fun out there but now it SUCKS,,,,, 
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2008, 11:16:57 PM »

To be fair there is a sign at the very back of the park that says no glass containers in 1/4 inch letters.

seems simple enough..........keep your glas containers out of the 1/4 inch letters
 :noid :rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 04:44:18 AM »
The city is probably low on money so they are counting on drunks to be out in numbers
no kidding I saw five little piggies in a 3 block radius in vancouver tonight. Only 1 was shooting radar, my exhaust provoked him I guess. 39 in a 40 no donut for him.

Since I cant find the radar detector thread. My V1 gave me an awesome laser save the other day. Was headed home from work on Marine drive in Portland, going with traffic 60ish in a 40. Its a 4 lane with a middle median and minimal turnouts. A civic blows by me at 65, and my AH tuned SA sees a few semis slowing. I head around a curve and notice the white fenders of a motorbike, an amusing hard brake, drop to third and back on the gas follows as Piggy lasesthe semi next to meaccording to me V1.followed by a second later shooting me with laser. getting me accelerating from 39-43 in a 40. as I pass I notice its a chickcop, no ticket for MissPiggy. Even better they got the 65mph civic.
Miss Piggy is back the next day and proves herself to be incompetant with her equipment as my detector picks her up before she lases me. Too bad for her I knew she was there already as I jst drove my work truck that way about 5 minutes before
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 07:12:57 AM »
The Lake

I went out to the lake tonight fishing with some friends and it looks like the Sheriff's Department has laid siege to the park. 5 cars, 2 ATV's and a Mobile Command Post. This is at 2am and 90% of the place was asleep. I earlier earlier they made a sweep of the park and wrote over 200 tickets for glass containers.
Tomorrow the water patrol will be out doing "safety inspections".

I'm glad I have to work this weekend. I can't afford to support the county fund drive.

Like I keep saying. LEO's have somehow been morphed by their politically appointed counterparts into being little more then glorified revenue collectors.

I remember when they used to patrol parks like that during holidays to just "keep the peace" and make sure everyone remembered to bag their trash.
Tikets wouldnt be issued unless there was a problem or they caught someone trashing up the place.
The emphasis was on making sure the place staed clean in a semi friednly mannor so that people would want to come back.

Just the mere presence of fund drives like this can ruin the "magic" of places like that.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2008, 10:17:26 AM »
Went to Cedar Creek lake on Saturday and caught about 50 crappie. Lots of crazies on the lake. Saw the Game Warden stopping folks for checks and such. Was fishing out of a friends boat that has a house on Cedar Creek so we put in at a private ramp.

Would have gone to Ray Roberts fishing this morning but didn't feel like messing with all the stupids at the public ramp. Memorial day weekend and public boat ramps are a nightmare combination.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »
Coming soon to panama city FL, a device to measure window tint, to keep us all safe at night.
Local sheriff dept. reported that this "is not a funding measure", meanwhile the police cruisers in this city have the darkest tint emaginable on thier side windows, (and now along with the unbuckled seatbelt), a new reason to pull over hardworking men and women and harass them.

Yes, please save me from myself, and collect a little revinue at the same time...,Lord knows if I where to cream some jerk on the highway because he didnt see me out of his dark tint id go ape.

Meanwhile Police,commisioners,judges,congressmen,and lawyers are doing better than ever, Im paying 4.35 at the pump, my road has about a billion potholes in it, and a month ago I sat on the side of the road needing a jump whilst seeing 4 police cruisers go by.

Protect and Serve, yeh right....Protect thine own skin, and serve the allmighty buck,no one can do anything about it, cops are as hung up on themselves as ever, and the Judges are letting them off when they do eventualy get caught killing innocent people,being bribed, or just generaly running over people. There are good cops im sure, but be damnd if ive laid eyes on one in since Cerpico.
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »
Do the Police Officers speak Engrish?

Highly unlikely, since it's Texas. They speak Texican there.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54