Author Topic: Arena Screen  (Read 280 times)

Offline Money

• Copper Member
Arena Screen
« on: June 21, 2008, 07:14:34 PM »
How hard would it be to place a button on the arena screen that would allow a person to refresh the arenas?  It is an inconvenient walk around to log into other areans and back out.  and pssst.... it does not encourage me to fly arenas I have no interest in.  As an old timer coming back to the game, it is the simple things that are easily fix that still bug me.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Arena Screen
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 07:25:32 PM »
Log out to the main screen, then back in.  MUCH faster than loading up another arena just to turn around and exit it.  HT said they didn't want a refresh button in the lobby because the server would be continuously nailed with people hitting refresh, which is bad I take it.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »
as bad as completely relogging to the login server?  hmmm, seems the same to me.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »
I've always thought the same, but that's what we were told to do.  No time to look for a link.  Dig around if ya want.  It was probably in the Wishlist forum, but I'm guessing.  My theory of it is that logging in and out takes a few seconds & gives the server time, as opposed to 30 people hitting refresh 3 times every second.  I'm sure someone will chime in here shortly.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »
Makes sense.  Make the paying customers have to deal with longer login times rather than the company.  I'm not asking for easy buttons when it comes to flying the planes, but to simply login and give you my money?  Should be like cutting butter

:rolleyes:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 07:58:25 PM »
If everyone would just go to the other LW arena instead of relogging, the caps in the "full" arena would rise quicker - And I could get in  :P
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman