Author Topic: Anyone get hoed....  (Read 715 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Anyone get hoed....
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 05:20:49 PM »
Drop your nose? Therefore allowing him to shoot you directly through the canopy/cockpit area?! :O Seems like that's part of the problem right there.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 05:26:18 PM »
Depends on the plane you're using again as well.  A nice beautiful 109.  Or the spit16dweebers...from the runway to 15k on your 6 oclock in under 45 seconds.
Well, since I normally fly 109's and 190's, I wouldn't have a problem with climb in the first place. However, I find that most people who are stupid enough to HO you will just do a flat turn after the merge, bleeding off all of their energy, anyway.

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »
I have to say I'm sometimes puzzled about that whole discussion here and on CH 200. I see that every day: Two cons, a friendly and an enemy with a few k separation. I see them both turning into each other and flying on a straight line collision path. Finally one presses the trigger and the other one starts his lament on 200 without having tried anything to avoid that situation at all  :rolleyes:
Especially ridiculous when the killed player was in a Spit and is now complaining about that "weak hoing A20/Il2/110"

Rule #1 Get the enemy in to your gun arc.
Rule #2 Stay out of his one.

That's all.

Very well stated!  I will only add that the very design of most planes places the guns in the front of each.  Thus the "HO" begins as both try to get gun solutions before the other.  This doesn't just apply here in game.   It applied in real war too.

Simply put "Enemy over there.... engage!"  (enemy response) "Enemy over there.... engage!"  Thus the desire to end the others life or their fun before yours is ended begins.

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 08:30:26 PM »
I love HO'ing people in the A-20G, especially the over-confident ones.
Mak

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »
I've only been ho'd a couple of times in the last year. The last one was my fault. I was diving on a Hurricane with an F4U4 thinking I could get a shot before he got turned into me. I guessed wrong.  :rofl :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter