Author Topic: Key assign about Gunner  (Read 107 times)

Batmann

Key assign about Gunner
« on: June 03, 2000, 03:26:00 AM »
Now, Key and gunner position is different between B17 and B26.

Key   B17   B26
1   pilot   pilot
2   ball   top
3   top   tail
4   tail   nose
5   nose   left
6   left   right
7   right   

It's not good. It is difficult for Player to learn key assignment.

Common key assignment is better. It's easy to learn gun position.

ex.

Key
1   pilot
2   nose
3   tail
4   left
5   right
6   top
7   bottom

If gunner position is easy enough, we don't need external view already. Bomber has each different blind spot. external view makes it to spoil. I wish HTC makes gunner key assign easy, and abolishes external view of bomber looking same as fighters.

------------------
Batmann <CO/JG68> from Tokyo, Japan
JG68 Briefing Room
"Anybody who is Japanese and likes German aircrafts
can't but get to like Ki-61."

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Key assign about Gunner
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2000, 09:43:00 AM »
I've been reporting this bug for months now. Not only is it a problem to remember which key position to quickly hit in a fight depending on which  bomber your in, but it prevents the pilot from being able to program a hat, or button, on his stick to easily jump from position to position. As you know hitting a programmed down hat button in a B17(or just hitting number 2 on the keyboard)  will take you to the Ball Gunner, but hitting the same down hat button in a B26 (or number 2) will take you to the upper gun. This isn't good in a fight.

The last update version failed to repair this easy fix. A number of us are hoping this easy correction will be included in the next version. It's especially important to fix it before other new bombers are released with even different assigned gun positions.

It's a very simple fix. Please make sure to assign a certain position number, and keypad stroke, to the same corresponding position in each bomber.  #4 for tail in a B17 should be #4 for tail in all bombers. Planes that lack a certain position, such as no ball gunner in a B26, should simply have that position number blank, going to no position, or sending the player back to the pilot. Keep these the same for every bomber released or the complaints will start to grow and grow.

I hope this simple fix will be included in the next version release.

Ranger Bob

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Key assign about Gunner
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2000, 07:25:00 AM »
First off it's not a bug , bugs are somthing that don't work as planned. And if it was an easy change it would have been done already.

HiTech

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Key assign about Gunner
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2000, 01:31:00 PM »
Sorry,

I guess I just figured it would be easy enough to change the keypad numbers in the program so they go to the same position views in each bomber. I was under the impression this just sort of got lost in the work to get new version out.

We know you're aware of it, and I'm sure you'll get to it when you can.

Looking forward to the new versions.

Ranger Bob