Author Topic: Shoot the chutes  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Shoot the chutes
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2008, 03:39:24 AM »
Maximum effective range of an M1911 .45 cal pistol is 50 yards or so. Don't fly so close even if it is longer in game. This sounds like the HO debate.

50 yards?!  :O

Chutes are more dangerous that i originally thought, i will have to shoot them from further out  :noid
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Dorofeychuk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
Ive been reading the "shoot the chutes" topic for quite a time. I myself do not shoot chutes, unless they are bailing near a maproom. I think if they bail they should live for the very reasons of one. They credit you with the kill, and two makes the game have a realistic sense to it. I think the whole issue is over the .45. now, taking the .45 away will probably not make people stop shooting chutes, but I think would help. I mean besides shooting the troops in the maproom and killing people taking off from the runway, whats the real point of the .45? I think they should just get rid of it. I really see no point in having the .45.  just my two cents.
Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.—Major Thomas B.

The enemy on the defensive gives you the advantage, as he is trying to evade you, and not shoot you down.-Major Thomas B.

If black boxes survive air crashes-why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »
last night a pilot on the run way gave me a pilot wound while taking off. Every chute I see near my field will now die!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »
whats the real point of the .45? I think they should just get rid of it. I really see no point in having the .45.  just my two cents.

The .45 was added to give the little meat ball a chance to defend himself from mean people like me that love to shoot someone dangling helplessly in a parachute.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dorofeychuk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »
well If I'm going to defend myself against a plane while in a chute, I think I would rather have a S.A.M. :rofl or maybe even a beer can. :D
Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.—Major Thomas B.

The enemy on the defensive gives you the advantage, as he is trying to evade you, and not shoot you down.-Major Thomas B.

If black boxes survive air crashes-why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2008, 04:57:30 PM »
I try to hold chutes as hostages. Usually to get to their gold or to fish for a compliment, "Is my plane pretty?" If the answer is incorrect I fire a few shots overhead until I get the correct answer.

I also kill them if they bail over a town that we are trying to capture. I've lost too many takes to a chute hanging out in the maproom.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2008, 05:02:34 PM »
I DON't shoot the chutes, because chances are good that if i managed to force you to bail, i'm probably losing very very many parts that are important to flight. this way when i bail, i have company on the way down :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dorofeychuk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2008, 05:03:27 PM »
I try to hold chutes as hostages. Usually to get to their gold or to fish for a compliment, "Is my plane pretty?" If the answer is incorrect I fire a few shots overhead until I get the correct answer.

You will never get my gold getback.... :noid