Author Topic: Shoot the chutes  (Read 3213 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: Shoot the chutes
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2008, 10:26:37 PM »
Real men ride it in.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2008, 10:40:14 PM »
I do know that the Japanese did this a lot. But almost never hear of it on the European theatre compared to the Pacific theatre.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »
I take it you've never been sent to the tower by a person shooting the .45 into cockpits?   I haven't, but have witnessed it on MANY occasions.   

Vulching with a chute is the most fun you will ever have in AH. :D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline flubby

• Zinc Member
      • http://joomla.hp-parrots.de/joomla/
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2008, 12:54:23 AM »
I do know that the Japanese did this a lot. But almost never hear of it on the European theatre compared to the Pacific theatre.

It happened in every theatre, and every side did it. Germans report that allied pilots shoot at them, as allied reported the same from the germans.

Cu

Flubby

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2008, 02:29:18 AM »

You should read the Blonde Knight.  Hartmann tells a story of a German pilot that was forced to ditch his plane in a field and of a Soviet fighter that landed nearby.  The Soviet pilot gets out of his plane, strolls to the German plane, climbs up on the wing and proceeds to stab the German pilot to death.  The Soviet pilot then hops off the wing, strolls back to his plane and takes off.   

During the Battle of Britain, RAF planes used to strafe and shoot down German sea rescue boats.  Someone posted a link in another thread of a P-51 pilot watching a German fighter shoot a B-17 crew after they bailed out and he described how he forced the same German to bail out just so he could shoot the guy in his own parachute. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2008, 03:33:35 AM »
I used to dislike chute shooters alot, but now i have become one. Ive seen far too many of them walking around acting like FACs and even shooting troops in the maproom. I know, because i do it myself.  :P

If they bail in the middle of nowere and high ill leave them to float down.

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »

Someone posted a link in another thread of a P-51 pilot watching a German fighter shoot a B-17 crew after they bailed out and he described how he forced the same German to bail out just so he could shoot the guy in his own parachute. 

ack-ack

Dee Da Dee ! ! ! ! ! !   that's this thread :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2008, 09:59:45 AM »
Only reason MOST folks bail is to protect that "Holy and most Sacred of Scores".   Not to mention the tools who have 10 sorties of Vultches or Whordemongering and then resort to Attack in order to keep that "Supposedly good Fighter Rank".   

It's all relative, chutes, bailing, scoring, etc.   

But it really isn't a waste of ammo, if you know what to hit.   My guess is, you don't.   One well placed round is all it takes.   
Good point.    But let's not forget about chutes who are KNOWN and OBVIOUSLY giving 6's.    That in itself is another valid reason why "The Sissy Silk" is called just that.   

I couldn't Agree more Karaya.  I love the so-called fighter jocks that fly limited fighter sorties and get this uber K/D then fly atack the rest of the tour.  If you really want to know how well you fly then fly everything in fighter mode, attack sorties included and strive to stay alive.  If you can manage a decent K/D ratio then you might be able to call yourself a fighter.  I fly all my sorties in Fighter mode, it let's me guage my own flying and is more of a real measure than switching to pad my score like most do now.  The great thing about it is that most of us that have been around long enough know exactly who those people are.

<S>
Spazz

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2008, 10:16:03 AM »
I take it you've never been sent to the tower by a person shooting the .45 into cockpits?   I haven't, but have witnessed it on MANY occasions.   
A 262 incident comes to mind.... :noid
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »
                   Funny but Ive probably seen only one of two chutes shot in the game. I believe the only time one should be shot is if hes rides it all the way down near a town cause you just know hes going to set up in the map room. Whenever I hit a chute I tower out right away cause I aint about to walk my cartoon pilot over to a maproom, with his little .45. I remember I was sitting in a M16 once and I kept hearing little "pings". I swiveled around and saw this little cartoon guy shooting at my GV with a big smile on his face, at which time I hit him with enough 0.50 rounds to turn him into Katenrauchwurst. It was actually hilarious.

Every other time tho? I would never shoot a chute. I know its just a cartoon game but shooting one is kinda lowlife, much like a lot of the game play Im seeing in the MAs. I guess there just isnt any peer pressure in these games to fly and fight like gentlemen. OR talk like one in the comms. Pretty sad dudes! This game is actually inching lower instead of getting better.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2008, 12:31:06 PM »
I I fly all my sorties in Fighter mode, it let's me guage my own flying and is more of a real measure than switching to pad my score like most do now.  <S>
Spazz

Uh, if you fly in fighter mode, and come upon the need to gun some ack/buildings, or shoot a troop transport, or go ona PT boad turkey hunt, you won't get any credit for it in fighter mode. So every sortie should instead be flown as "attack".

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »
I'm highly amused by the pilots once they've finished their 1/2 hour drop to the ground, then walk around.  I do always shoot them once they've hit the ground though :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
See, even Mom's a war criminal! This barbarism knows no bounds!  ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »
Blast away! Whatever pos your chute. It's a game. :salute

-SR-

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2008, 09:01:41 AM »
shoot em they are like spies!!! They can still ck 6 there buddies...To me that makes em a good target :devil
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...