Author Topic: Force Feedback setup  (Read 499 times)

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Force Feedback setup
« on: June 28, 2008, 09:34:03 AM »
I am running a microsoft FF2 usb . Any of you old hands out there got any tips for setup in game ? Would like to feel the buffet as it sets on in the monitor not after especially .

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
Re: Force Feedback setup
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »
I use the same stick.  I keep the ff turned down because when you auger or crash, the stick went crazy.  I only have a slight feedback for take-offs, landings, and firing the guns.  Play around with it and set it up to your liking.  As far as other set ups, what exactly are you looking for?  Views on the hat or button set ups? 

Good luck! :aok
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »
I am running a microsoft FF2 usb . Any of you old hands out there got any tips for setup in game ? Would like to feel the buffet as it sets on in the monitor not after especially .

I use all the default settings and it works fine.  Never had an issue.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »
I use all the default settings and it works fine.  Never had an issue.

So you feel the buffet as soon as it sets in nice and gentle increasing as you push the envelope further ? Using same stick ? What drivers in windows do you use ?

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 05:16:14 PM »
So you feel the buffet as soon as it sets in nice and gentle increasing as you push the envelope further ? Using same stick ? What drivers in windows do you use ?

Windows XP, the default drivers that get loaded when you plug in the stick.  HTC got an education a few releases back when HT tried to move away from supporting Microsoft FF sticks.  They had to put out a fix because one of the releases no longer supported them and HTC learned that about 60 percent of the population was still using the Microsoft sticks.  My SideWinder force feedback 2 is 8 years old and still going strong.  I like it so much that I bought a spair on E-bay new, never been used, box still in the original srinkwrap.  Just in case this one gives up the ghost.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 07:20:33 PM »
I am looking to feel the buffet in particular . I dont feel it until a full second after onset of buffet on screen .

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 12:08:17 AM »
For those of you still using the MS FF2 with out the drivers, I have a copy of the Sidewinder Game Controller software that is all zipped up and ready to share.  It works quite well with the FF2 and allows button mapping and macros.  If you don't have this you might want it.  Feel free to PM me and I will email it out
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?