Author Topic: night time  (Read 504 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: night time
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 03:41:19 PM »
Aleutians a couple months ago in FSO was a blast. :D Slipping through heavy fog and low cloud-cover to bomb ports.

We'd have some GREAT screenshots from the first frame, but the weather conditions didn't carry over into the film view.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »
Well to be fair, neither is perfect visibility and blue skies and bright sun with minimal cloud cover 24X7.

Even if we'd fought WW2 exclusively in the Caribbean you wouldn't have had such ideal circumstances. I'd love to get some occasional weather, unbroken cloud cover, even the occasional rain squall. Not to mention SNOW. Many other sims have successfully incorporated weather conditions, low light, etc. eventually with graphic upgrades, this sim will need them too. Also, you are discounting that certain ops took place almost exclusively at night - PT raids for instance.

Both Jeep/light armor and PT raids are currently suicidal - turn off the lights however.... Auto Ack is also a prob there, but we can talk about that in another thread.

Bright, sunny, and clear all the time needs to go.

We have occasional weather in the ava arena.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »
Aleutians a couple months ago in FSO was a blast. :D Slipping through heavy fog and low cloud-cover to bomb ports.

That FSO took things too far. We couldn't get 2k from our squad members without losing them in fog. In this weather (in real life) such an attack would have been postponed until the skies were a bit clearer.

I'm not saying I wouldn't mind a cloud bank or two more than we currently have, but those handful of FSO scenarios and AvA setups were just absurd. Combat operations would not have taken place on a large scale in any of those conditions.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 04:01:26 PM by Krusty »

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »
Wow, first we're wanting more by constantly asking for night. Now we're wanting less by asking for no night and less dawn/dusk time.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »
Begs the question.  What is realistic about "dusk" if everyone simply turns up their gamma to compensate?
Night time is what the game should have in every arena on the clocks. It happend and we should have it. It helps frame rates , gives something new to look at and adds to the realistic aspect of the game. We would also be sing more 110s and mossies and NOE raids coming out if there was night time. And as for the gamma , Hitech can take that out just as easily as they took out my most precious animated water. Then the whinners wouldnt beable to say people are turning there gammas up because there is no gamma .