Author Topic: The Empire Strikes Back! Rangoon '42 by LGM Films  (Read 907 times)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Re: The Empire Strikes Back! Rangoon '42 by LGM Films
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 03:16:54 PM »
sweet film  . this should be here on the htc home page. (but who knows if any of it has copywrites ect)

Biggy <S>
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:14 PM »
very nice once again froggy! now i under stand the "train" bein needed so badly :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 09:30:08 PM »
Excellent film Kermit, top notch.........

Hopefully will be available for the final frame........

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »
Well done, Kermit!  :aok

Offline Hedworx

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 01:35:55 AM »
Mak333,

If you liked this one, then you should also watch "The Doolittle Raiders" that Kermit put together.

"Shunter"

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 08:46:08 AM »
As always, excellent work Kermit :aok
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 07:20:39 PM »
[THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

In the words of a very energetic bomber pilot, "W0000000000000000000000000!"

Thanks to all the Axis pilots and Leaders that succeeded in making this happen.

Thank you Allied pilots, Leaders and CM Staff for making this Senario, a hard earned, hard fought battle.

<S>

Bearkats, I'm sure you did like the part where we died.   :lol
I laugh at the part where we are eating our snacks.. funny stuff in the context it's being shown in.

I'll take a look at what I can do for a frame 4 film.  It may have a surprise ending...

GREAT SENARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the GREAT compliments!  There's about a million things I would have polished if I had more time.  Never enough.  I actually didn't sleep that night, just to make this thing.  It was worth the time put into it.

<S> and thanks for watching.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 10:56:27 PM »
If you have seen the film, there are a few things I have to clear up about some of the propaganda I used.

Japan's Nationally owned train in Manchuria, China, was not attacked by Chinese troops.  It was attacked by their own troops, made to look like the Chinese had done it.  They lied about it to the League of Nations so they could invade Manchuria on "justified reasons".  They did setup a government for Manchuria, but it was a puppet government, which they had full control over.

Once Japan officially left the League of Nations, they held a military exercise on the border of China.  In the past, they would notify China of these exercises, but on this one night, they hoped to have "an accident" and get a few Chinese troops to fire upon them.  It worked.  Despite the pleas from China to seize fire, Japan did not.  Japan's reason for a full invasion had come.  With massive amounts of troops already on the Mainland in Manchuria, it was an easy invasion.

All of the other information I used was true.  I hope to clear that up before you all start to think Japan was too innocent. :)  Japan was ruthless, yet were not much different than the rest of the world, when it came to acquiring land.  They just happened to attack a L.N. memeber.  The U.S.  Britain, Denmark, France and other nations had owned most of South east Asia.  Japan felt the need to quickly grab the rest before it was too late.  Korea was not enough and so the northern part of China was a good place to start.  Once they had Manchuria (approx the size of Texas), they wanted China, a country weak and lawless, sought after by many world powers at the time.  You may find the situation with Russia and Georgia to be very similiar.  :noid

For more information about why Japan went to War, I'd recommend you start reading some books! 

:salute

here's a map of what SE Asia looked like in ~1930

A map of Burma
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:31:58 PM by Kermit de frog »
Time's fun when you're having flies.