Author Topic: LG Dare  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: LG Dare
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »
Can't beat this for reception.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 06:56:34 PM »
i see a lot of peeps talking about RAZRs in this thread.....well...i thought i'd share my opinion.......They SUCK!  The get service almost anywhere but other than that..they suck.
Tours 86 - 296

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 07:00:34 PM »
i see a lot of peeps talking about RAZRs in this thread.....well...i thought i'd share my opinion.......They SUCK!  The get service almost anywhere but other than that..they suck.
ya need to have a couple xtra batteries handy--$6.50 a piece online :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 07:01:45 PM »

There are more Razrs in service than all other cell phones combined.  They have excellent reception at a cost of charge life and ultimately battery life.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 07:16:13 PM »

Baby marshmallow chicks talk on cell phones?  :huh
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 12:43:18 AM »
I got to play with a Dare today. The touch screen is different than most touch screens, you have to press down on the screen, so it would require some getting use to. The scribble pad wasn't as nice as I thought it would be, instead I would prefer the keyboard or the abc pad. Most of the numbers or letters I put in worked fine, however if you let pressure off, it will create a gap in the letter/number and may recognize it as another. It recognized one of my 2's as 17 because of this.
I messed with the QWERTY keyboard, I originally thought I would have trouble with it, because I had trouble with the ipod touch's keyboard. However it gives you ample room on the keyboard, I was able to type with my index finger and thumb without pressing the wrong keys. Albeit, the ipod touch keyboard is fancier in that it pops up when you turn the device on it's side, whichever side. It has a button you must press and it will come up. I really like the Home Key on the Dare. Overall it has a nice layout, I like the upgradable memory option which is not available on the iphone. Also it has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, which I absolutely love. IMO that was the downfall of the LG Chocolate, it didn't have a standard headphone jack. Most people didn't use the Chocolate for it's mp3 playing abilities because it wasn't easily accessed.

Overall I liked it and will probably purchase one within the next few months, may hold out until September for a birthday present to myself.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 08:31:56 AM »
I’m not sure if the “Dare” has this, but the “LG Voyager” has a ‘touch to unlock’ feature that has it’s pros and cons about it.

LG Voyager lock/unlock feature Pros & Cons.

-   Pros:  It allows you to have the phone in your pocket w/o accidentally calling someone.

-   Cons:  Every time you receive a call it is locked & when someone buzzes the gate at my apartment I have to unlock to answer my phone, unlock again to use the touch screen keypad to let them in.

I hope the LG Dare made improvements.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »
The keypad should unlock when there is an incoming call.  This may be an option from the preferences menu.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 08:37:48 AM »
Nope, from what I’ve seen in the “touch settings” it only gives me a “lock” or “unlock" option on this LG Voyager.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 02:45:13 PM »
I just got an LG Shine. It seems pretty solid and the camera is very nice. Doesn't have a touch screen though so I can't comment there.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2008, 01:55:59 AM »
I gave in and got a Dare today for my Bday, it is a fun phone. The Music playing abilities are wonderful, and I love that it has a 3.5mm audio jack instead of some crappy special cable like my previous mp3 capable phone. The Music playing quality is really nice as well, and very aesthetically pleasing.

Some of the online reviews I feel were too harsh on the Dare as far as it's sensitivity goes. First thing I did was calibrate the touch screen and haven't had an issue. It is different from the iPhone in that the dare you lightly press down on it. The cool functions like drawing pad and hand writing recognition aren't good with fingers, but I use a pen as a stylus and is is wonderful. I was afraid the touch screen aspect would be difficult to get use to, but I felt as if I knew what I was doing as soon as I picked it up.

I don't think I understand the camera yet, although admittedly I have not messed with the camera too much yet. The battery life is really good as well. I am afraid to go on the internet using the phone because I do not understand how charges for that work out, it use to use minutes, but I would hate to go on thinking it used minutes and it charged per mb or something.

Thus far I am pleased with it, but will keep you updated if any problems occur.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2008, 01:57:12 AM »
Well, my old cell phone has completely taken a dump and it looks like its time for a new one. I was curious if any one here has the new LG Dare for Verizon and whats their thoughts were on it. I watched some reviews on Youtube but would like to hear an actual person's opinions on it. I know the camera is far superior to anything else currently on the US market but I was curious as to the texting capability (is it hard to get used to; not really easy to use or what) and the overall functionality of the touch screen since I know it uses pressure touch instead of the electrical sensors like the Iphone. If you had to give the phone a rating from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest 1 being the lowest what would you give it?

My friend has one. It has an antenna that you can use to browse on the Intardnet, and watch TV.
No one knows what the future may bring.