Author Topic: Fair Play  (Read 1026 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fair Play
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 08:32:45 AM »
Fly Luftwaffe.

190 A-8 = 31 (+/-) ENY

Always available  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 11:42:35 AM »

AH is an air combat sim with a strategic element to it; thus it simulates war.  War is not fair, thus AH need not attempt to sim "fair"; however it does attempt it with the ENY calculations.  Therefore it is equitable in a manner that would never have existed in a real war.

This is exactly what is being requested in such a situation.

Use a Spit5; take 2 kills, go home, get another, repeat until enemy defeated. :devil

Fly Luftwaffe.

190 A-8 = 31 (+/-) ENY

The issue isn't being able to up an airplane of choice, its implementing an ENY where applicable when two sides attack strictly the one side that already has an ENY restricting what it can fly. 

There is no pilot that can take town 5 NIKS with a 190A8 when there is a horde as was mentioned here, so when the two sides that do not have the ENY attack en-mass on 1 side, there are little options to defend yourself with. There is just no match or anything to keep it even remotely close to fair.

I can assure you, I have never seen anyone up any of these planes to defend a base while its under attack unless an ENY is in place, A6M would be more appropriate for this type of defense, much less use them to attack a larger force, since in most cases they would get eaten alive by the 5-10 ENY planes easily. 

So by relieving the ENY for the 1 side, or increasing it for the two attacking sides, or having an area ENY would more closely match the actual dynamics of the game.

When I come to your town, I surely don't see you practicing what you preach, and surely don't see you upping these planes to defend yourself, your wings would be clipped faster than you could say Foul.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:08:40 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »

I can assure you, I have never seen anyone up any of these planes to defend a base while its under attack unless an ENY is in place, A6M would be more appropriate for this type of defense, much less use them to attack a larger force, since in most cases they would get eaten alive by the 5-10 ENY planes easily. 

Never been on when JG11 is on?

When I come to your town, I surely don't see you practicing what you preach, and surely don't see you upping these planes to defend yourself, your wings would be clipped faster than you could say Foul.

Sure you do.  We ONLY fly Luftwaffe in the MA.   :aok
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:37:03 PM by VonMessa »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »

The issue isn't being able to up an airplane of choice, its implementing an ENY where applicable when two sides attack strictly the one side that already has an ENY restricting what it can fly. 

I guess there is a downside to being part of the hord collective.  Long live ENY!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »
I guess there is a downside to being part of the hord collective.  Long live ENY!

ack-ack

Evidently not, if two sides can hord as a collective. 

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »
LOL!!

There isn't a Nit alliance with us evil Rooks!  We do have cookies though...  :noid

:aok
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 12:49:47 PM »
LOL!!

There isn't a Nit alliance with us evil Rooks!  We do have cookies though...  :noid

:aok

If there wasn't and alliance before, there will be now.  Come off with some of those cookies    :furious

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 12:57:55 PM »
If there wasn't and alliance before, there will be now.  Come off with some of those cookies    :furious

I'll let you try just one...  :D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »

I'll let you try just one...  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh my  :O

Already has a pre-shaved bellybutton and everything  :rock

Let the alliance begin.  :devil

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
 :devil

Just for you my friend  << :salute >>