Author Topic: Palin Video: She explains her foreign policy creds  (Read 623 times)

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
Re: Palin Video: She explains her foreign policy creds
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »
Yeah- Roosevelt was a great President, probably the greatest ever- and when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor he got on TV and informed our Nation we were at war- a REAL war- not some phony little half arsed war started by the Republicants, like Grenada was.

I agree, Roosevelt got us through some dire times.

But our liberal education system has obviously failed you son, as you missed the point of my post.
Biden can say erroneous things and the liberal media wont make a point of publishing it, but have a republican say one wrong fact and they are all over it like it would be the end of our country if that person gets elected.

A DOUBLE STANDARD

By the way, the speech by roosevelt was not televised. it was broadcast on radio.

What does Grenada have to do with any of this?

sorry for your poor education.
Flying since tour 84

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 11:18:07 PM »
I weep for the species.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:17 PM »
In spewing the crap he posted, none of them caught the fact that FDR addressed the nation by RADIO??? - TV was almost another decade away on Dec. 7, 1941.  I too, weep for the species.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »
Well, excuse me, Mister Nit Picky! After the JAPANESE attacked Pearl Harbor Roosevelt got on TV and was straight with the American public.

Happy now?  :aok

Television in 1941  :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »
You guys, above, are idiots.  That was a line from a movie.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 11:48:05 PM »
Television in 1941  :aok

Germany hosted the 1936 Summer Olympics at Berlin.  These games were televised by two German firms, Telefunken and Fernseh, the using RCA and  Farnsworth equipment, respectively.  This marked the first live television coverage of a sports event in world history.  Both systems broadcast at 180 lines and 25 frames per second.  Four different areas were telecast using three cameras.  In total, 72 hours of live transmission went over the airwaves to special viewing booths, called "Public Television Offices" in Berlin and Potsdam.

(remember the video that the aliens sent back in Sagan's Contact? (Jodie Foster Movie))

Roosevelt spoke at the opening session of the New York World's Fair on April 30, 1939. It was the first time a presidential anything was televised, but it was a demonstration of the potential of the technology and hardly could be considered broadcasting, as there were only a handfull of tvs in the country.

FDR's fireside chats and addresses were broadcast by radio.

Truman's speech on Oct. 5, 1947 was the first presidential address broadcast from the White House.

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 11:52:11 PM »

John Blutarsky did not mention TV or Roosevelt in his soliloquy.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 11:52:16 PM »

That's what I thought at FIRST until his follow-up (From animal house with John Belushi) but this tard was just spouting stuff out of his rear.
Vote R.E. Lee '24