Author Topic: A New Map With...  (Read 251 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
A New Map With...
« on: December 17, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »

I'm wishing for a map that has about 10 bases on each side with ZERO vehicle bases.  Think of the map as a big pie with three big pieces.  Each side has 6 small airfields at 0-5k in rolling hills near the "front", then 4 medium airfields near the middle at 10k in a mountain range, and then 2 large airfields near the rear at 15k alt in yet an even higher mountain range.  Again, no vehicle bases.  Spread out amongst the bases are one each: City, radar factory, grunt training facility, FLAK factory, and HQ.  No water so no Carrier Task Groups, either.

Each base would have vehcile spawns very near each base adjacent to it.  The 2 large airfields would also have vehicle spawns to the HQ.  There would be a "tank rally" accessable by numerous bases from each side in the middle of the map with zero tactical value, but would allow the gv campers to mingle and frolic in the breeze.

Oh, did I mention I'd like to have 25-50 miles seperating each piece of the pie with at minimum 25-50 miles seperating each base within each country?  %100 fuel and DT's will be a must for fighters.  **gasp** Oh my, one might have to leave their lala or spitty back at base???  Oh, and remember the altitude of those bases??? Those altitudes make for higher than normal dog fights as well (at least the starting point is higher for the entire group), which in turn adds the needs for more alt which in turn means more fuel is needed. Watch your fuel guage and consult your E6B.   ;)

The basis of my wish for this map is simple:
1> MAKE fuel an issue. 
2> MAKE the higher altitudes more feasible.  If more aircraft are starting up high, then more of the dogfights will stay up high.  Dont most of us want higher altitude dogfights?  If the objectives are up high the fights will be up high too.
3> MAKE carelessness an issue.  No more diving in, dieing, shruggin it off, uppin' again. Repeat.

Obvious objections are going to be:
1> "Too far.  I came to fight not fly 15 minutes and then fight".  Answer: Choose wisely your aircraft and tactics.
2> "Defense it too easy at those alts".  Answer: It always is, Vox is a wonderful thing for helping with offense.  Coodinated attacks might be the name of the game.   ;)
3> "BooHoo. No CV or VB's, I'm not playing".  Answer: That is like saying you'll eat Oreos bought from one store but not the other.  Go take a nap.  There isnt any vehicle that cant be had on this map save for PT boats, 5in AA, and 8in Butt-Thumpers.

Who is up for making this map?   :D  I'll pay someone to do it and I'll even pay HTC to implement it.  I'll pay $50 to have it made and another $50 to HTC to have it placed into regular map rotation.  My word is good.                             
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: A New Map With...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:50:03 PM »

Who is up for making this map?   :D  I'll pay someone to do it and I'll even pay HTC to implement it.  I'll pay $50 to have it made and another $50 to HTC to have it placed into regular map rotation.                

You won't have any luck. Map grossly violates the terms set by HTC for acceptance for MA gameplay ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: A New Map With...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »
Well, bring back H2H and I'll build it just for you. :D
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.