Author Topic: My View on the DA...  (Read 356 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
My View on the DA...
« on: December 14, 2008, 10:36:12 AM »
Last night in the DA, I got on vox with all my AHII pals, Strokes, MrJingls, OutLaws1, and a few others. We wanted to go to the DA, because we wanted quick fights, and to wing up...

The Furball Arena isn't about the 1 v 1 you're always looking for, but for quick and easy fights you may not find elsewhere in the Main Arenas.

Just my opinion, oh, and I killed like 10 tempests  :t That was fun!
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: My View on the DA...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »
Last night in the DA, I got on vox with all my AHII pals, Strokes, MrJingls, OutLaws1, and a few others. We wanted to go to the DA, because we wanted quick fights, and to wing up...

The Furball Arena isn't about the 1 v 1 you're always looking for, but for quick and easy fights you may not find elsewhere in the Main Arenas.

Just my opinion, oh, and I killed like 10 tempests  :t That was fun!

the 1 v 1's, as ever, can always be arranged at the paired bases, even skwadz can do their thing their vs themselves or other skwadz.

FurBlake is exactly that... a continual furball.  To find 1 v 1's or small actions within the larger "Lake" you have to work/ask for it.  No one is forced to go diving down into the grinder.  And the grinder itself gives all sorts of possibilities in terms of types of actions.

It's no more or less than any MA furball... it's just.... perpetual in a static location with no eye candy terrain... and occupied by the same player/style-mix that can be found in the MAs.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »
Honestly, I had a lot of fun, more than I have in the Main Arenas. I'm confused as to why everyone is whining. DA = Quick Fights.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
Honestly, I had a lot of fun, more than I have in the Main Arenas. I'm confused as to why everyone is whining. DA = Quick Fights.

to be honest... people seem to expect a little more leeway in terms of overt picking/ganging.  The area is so compact and populated that it taxes your SA, if not outright overwhelms it (especially if you're in it mixing it up.) So you have MA people coming in thinking, oh yeah the H2H squeekers are here - I just know they suck and I'll totally pwn them... <goes diving down>  <boom> "dam cherrypicking hordemonkeys aren't giving me a chance to show how superior i am!!"  so they get pissed and leave, after getting spanked a few times in the grinder.

This is why I keep insisting a few more miles bewteen bases will spread it out a little, providing even more engagment options.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »

This is why I keep insisting a few more miles bewteen bases will spread it out a little, providing even more engagment options.
I'd suggest dropping base alt a tad if spreading it out is not an option. Removes some of the instant E advantage over the furballers.
See Rule #4