Author Topic: 109 G6 missing something?  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: 109 G6 missing something?
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2009, 10:19:02 AM »
... Nooo I have proof of what he drives...

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »
What about early, mid, and late 1943 setups in the FSO, AVA, SEO, and snapshots where you need to pit a 109G-6 against early bombers. The 30mm (not representative of this time) prohibited using the G-6 most of the time and usually G-2s were wrongfully substituted in a number of setups, simply because it didn't have the 30mm option.

The 30mm was left off because it kicked the entire plane into a later time frame, creating a large hole in the planeset with nothing between the 1942 109G-2 and the 1944 109G-6. NOW, with a 20mm-only, 1943-version we have a more representative planeset. If we need to use the 30mm we can use the G-14, which is more representative of a later G-6 anyways (MW50, but not an /AS).

On the CM side, we've figured out a way to regulate this.  I don't know how it would impact the AvA, but we can handle a G6 with a 20mm/30mm hub option (like the G14) in the SEA.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »
I just found this thread so I may have missed the answer to my question buried in all of this civil conversation  :D.  Most of this thread seems to be about getting the G6 back its tator but what I'd like to know is if the K4 ever came equipped with a 20? The K4 is probably my favorite ride in game, flys like a missile and can wrench about with the best turners in the game if you throw the vertical in. Unfortunately I find myself flying the G14 more because of its 20... I can shoot the 30 but it takes some time to get used to its ballistics and I don't have as much time for the gam..... war as I used to.
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »
I just found this thread so I may have missed the answer to my question buried in all of this civil conversation  :D.  Most of this thread seems to be about getting the G6 back its tator but what I'd like to know is if the K4 ever came equipped with a 20? The K4 is probably my favorite ride in game, flys like a missile and can wrench about with the best turners in the game if you throw the vertical in. Unfortunately I find myself flying the G14 more because of its 20... I can shoot the 30 but it takes some time to get used to its ballistics and I don't have as much time for the gam..... war as I used to.

Some 109K-4s were delivered with the MG 151/20 even though the MK 108 was supposed to be standard.  How many, I don't know.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2009, 11:32:13 AM »
Ty  :salute

I thought I remember some of them coming equipped. I hope it was enough so HTC will eventally make that option available.
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »
Usually when I see one it is missing a wing or a tail....  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »
On the CM side, we've figured out a way to regulate this.  I don't know how it would impact the AvA, but we can handle a G6 with a 20mm/30mm hub option (like the G14) in the SEA.

On the CM side you can check the logs and change the scores after the fact, but you can't look at a live report that says "Hey, dude, 10 pilots took off with 30mm instead" and eject them then and there.

It's not something you can regulate or prohibit, it's just something you can track after the fact. By then the damage is done.

There currently is no tool/feature to disable specific weapons options in a single aircraft and not others.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2009, 02:28:16 PM »
Fixed. ;)

Back off the throttle?

i dont have one. only button i have is wep  :uhoh

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
On the CM side you can check the logs and change the scores after the fact, but you can't look at a live report that says "Hey, dude, 10 pilots took off with 30mm instead" and eject them then and there.

It's not something you can regulate or prohibit, it's just something you can track after the fact. By then the damage is done.

There currently is no tool/feature to disable specific weapons options in a single aircraft and not others.

So?  How do you think we enforce the other 99% of our rules?  Punish those that choose to break the rules.  Furthermore, if I catch someone in the logs, their kills or damage is thrown out, and that individual is dealt with.  You're correct in saying that I can't turn off a certain ordnance configuration, but I'm telling you right now as an Admin CM for FSO, I'd have no problem including a G6 in a mid-war event, even though a 30mm option was available.

My personal opinion on the matter, as it is with every other aircraft in-game, is that if it was available and saw combat, it should be represented in-game.  Let the CM's determine how we're going to regulate something after-the-fact, and give us all the aircraft and different configurations as possible.   It only adds to the game.

For whatever it's worth...  :aok
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »
My personal opinion on the matter, as it is with every other aircraft in-game, is that if it was available and saw combat, it should be represented in-game.  Let the CM's determine how we're going to regulate something after-the-fact, and give us all the aircraft and different configurations as possible.   It only adds to the game.

You do wish there were a way to regulate it, though.  In an FSO you have a dedicated crowd, most of whom probably want to come back next time and therefore will try to conform to the rules.  In an open arena you can't do that, and you probably shouldn't do it anyway.  People being what they are, everyone grabs the best weapons package.  I'm glad that the current G6 is stuck with the 20mm just for that reason - it is the best weapon package, so you can better manage the aircraft available for the time period.

Where we have the real problem in AvA is with the B-25C.  There are plenty of times we'd like to use it, but people always run out and grab the strafer version (which might work in the PAC setups, but clearly is wrong for ETO).

- oldman

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
People being what they are, everyone grabs the best weapons package.  I'm glad that the current G6 is stuck with the 20mm just for that reason - it is the best weapon package, so you can better manage the aircraft available for the time period.

Some people disagree and prefer the 30mm MK 108.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2009, 04:42:39 PM »
You do wish there were a way to regulate it, though.  In an FSO you have a dedicated crowd, most of whom probably want to come back next time and therefore will try to conform to the rules.

That's why I said this earlier...

Quote from: Stoney
I don't know how it would impact the AvA...

There are a number of examples of aircraft being out of place.  F6F-5 with rockets and WEP in the Mid-War.  TBM with rockets in the Mid-War.  So lets not act like a 30mm 109G6 would be an anomoly.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:49:39 PM by Stoney »

HiTech

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »
Better yet, get the Bf.109G-6AS...
High Alt, 30MMs, And generally a shmexy ride all together.
Now that is a plane.
I love to fly it in IL2, perhaps my favorite variant.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2009, 08:38:58 AM »
Some people disagree and prefer the 30mm MK 108.

Bad phrasing on my part.  I like the 30mm best, too.  My point was that if the 20mm is the only option you have, it is necessarily the best option.

- oldman