Author Topic: Linux  (Read 1106 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Linux
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 02:13:37 AM »
Wow, this is super-duper frustrating. I really think I just lost my Windows virtual machine by attempting to migrate it. Restore points were removed in an attempt to, "debug" the situation, Any ideas on restoring it? So far my attempts have been met by the Microsoft trademark known as the Blue Screen of Death?

Do a reinstall in the virtual machine like you would with any computer.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Linux
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 08:42:57 PM »
I found the problem. Placed the virtual hard-drive on a sata port when it was supposed to be on the IDE Primary Master slot.

Here is how I disabled GRUB:

First I downloaded EasyBCD. Afterward I opened it up and entered the, "Manage Bootloader" tab. Here I selected, "reinstall Vista bootloader." Then I clicked on, "Write MBR."

That overwrites GRUB and placed the Vista loader in its place. If you want to add Linux to the boot-list, you will have to go to the, "Add/Remove Entries" tab within EasyBCD. From here you will select the tab of the OS you want to add to the boot-list. Afterward select the, "type," "name," and the "drive" on which the selected OS resides. After pressing, "Add Entry" the OS will be added to the boot-list.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:55:02 PM by Denholm »
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.