Author Topic: Refuel/Re-arm pad  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
Re: Refuel/Re-arm pad
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 05:14:06 AM »
The troops as they are now look pretty silly. Perhaps litttle yellow pack men would be more appropriate.  :neener:

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 05:14:56 AM »
The troops as they are now look pretty silly. Perhaps litttle yellow pack men would be more appropriate.  :neener:

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 05:37:44 AM »
What if you up in a low ENY bird with 25% fuel and during your sortie the numbers change enough to keep you from being able to re-plane at a base with hangers up? It would be nice if you could hit the hot pad and select a different fuel load out as the situation dictates. My favorite plane is the Spit XVI and I hate it when this sort of thing happens to me since I fly it exclusively. You all know how cool it would be if I could get 100% fuel on the hot pad for me and my squadies (who fly La-7's and Niki's, too) so that we could bring the horde to the enemy and by doing so, cheat the ENY system until the horde is whittled down. Good idea, but...Bad things will happen in the end.
This is a test

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 06:46:15 PM »
Pilots didn't have C-47's fly in ammo and fuel for their fighters parked on a dirt strip they found while flying. If you want to have it so fuel and ord must be up to have both of those reloaded then OK, but I think mg and cannon ammo were stored seperatly from the bombs and rockets.

It isn't a way for anyone to "game" the hanger status. If you flew to your field, only to discover the hangers had been destroyed, you would land and say to the ground crew "gas and ammo", regardels of whether the hangers had been destroyed.

And another reason you might want to change the fuel load out for wrong way: Hangers are down, flying an La-7 with limited range, see the fight is getting higer requiring more climging, hey look at that, after a while 50% just ain't gona cut it.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline rough_wood

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »
I like the idea

It's akin to pitstops in racing games. You can choose tyre type, fuel loadout, but can't choose a new car etc etc.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »
Well, the newb just gave them a new reason to boo the idea  :cry. Now everyones going to equate it to taking a pitstop.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »
Well, the newb just gave them a new reason to boo the idea  :cry. Now everyones going to equate it to taking a pitstop.
:huh
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59:18 PM »
 :rofl
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 02:34:12 PM »
What if you up in a low ENY bird with 25% fuel and during your sortie the numbers change enough to keep you from being able to re-plane at a base with hangers up? .

Why on Earth would you up with 25% fuel to begin with?

Properly plan ahead.  Always assume you will need more fuel than you think you will, just like in real life....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 02:42:18 PM »
No.

You can't replane why?

and

100% fuel, no matter what.  

You can never tell how long a sortie is going to be or if unforseen circumstances will keep you on patrol longer than anticipated.

wrongway

I'm not going to re-plane in a special event and lose my one and only life due to something like a fuel leak.

I'm not going to take 100% fuel up for capped base defense, that's just stupid.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:45:51 PM by EskimoJoe »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »
think he was talking about upping from a clear field and do a one hour patrol/mission.  Some people like that, me If i dont see action within 4-5 minutes its just a waste of time.  just a matter of preference.  I usually up with 50%fuel max plus extra tanks I fly the spits (I know i am a super dweeb) so that gives me around 40 minutes flying time, not like i like to use all that time in one flight .

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:07 PM »
This would be handy. +1  :aok

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2009, 11:38:37 PM »
This would be handy. +1  :aok
Bravo....is that a cat with cheese on its head??? hehehe
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 03:54:25 AM »
I'm not going to re-plane in a special event and lose my one and only life due to something like a fuel leak.

I'm not going to take 100% fuel up for capped base defense, that's just stupid.

Obviously I'm missing something here.

A.  You would change the amount of fuel you took off with in a special event if you landed to rearm?  If you had a fuel leak you would refuel with less fuel than you originally took off with?

Don't special events try to be historically accurate?  IE:  100% fuel, and often drop tanks, on take-off?

B.  You take off from a capped field with 50% fuel.  You want to re-arm/re-fuel at the same capped field and expect to do so successfully?  And, you want more/less fuel than you took off with originally?

Help me to understand.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 04:29:07 AM »
Obviously I'm missing something here.

A.  You would change the amount of fuel you took off with in a special event if you landed to rearm?  If you had a fuel leak you would refuel with less fuel than you originally took off with?

Don't special events try to be historically accurate?  IE:  100% fuel, and often drop tanks, on take-off?

B.  You take off from a capped field with 50% fuel.  You want to re-arm/re-fuel at the same capped field and expect to do so successfully?  And, you want more/less fuel than you took off with originally?

Help me to understand.

wrongway

I don't see what the big deal is.  You can already up whatever % of fuel you want from the hangar, there should be no 'realism' restriction on how much you can get refueled.

That being said, I don't really see much use out of adding the wish.  You can't manage your fuel tanks in the hangar currently so being able to do it on the runway seems like a bit of a stretch.  I guess it wouldn't be bad to be able to have the option to change your fuel loadout but I doubt there are really that many situations where you would actually need to change your fuel loadout.  I doubt HiTech wants to code something so negligible and arguably pointless since you can just replane.